logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
B
I can truly understand your position. There are two ways - first, ask the universe to make you aware when you travel into negative thoughts because awareness is the first step. You consciously think positive and then your old negative thoughts hit the ball back
Have you wondered how to bring the Secret Law of Attraction into your life?
Basically you need a visualization form of Law of attraction, so I will recommend you a great audio series of Law of attraction called optimindzation created by Stephen Pierce a big internet marketer. This is an audio series that you listen to that sends messages to the mind through a type of meditation to give you energy or relax you depending on the one you listen to. It helps you to visualize and become creative so you can use the law of attraction in your favour.
You seem to have found parts of the puzzle on how the �Law of Attraction� as outlines in the movie �The Secret� interact with each other.
Trevor
Exclusive Interview with Bob Proctor

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Koala
Koala
J
Adam111, you should read the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. this and other books by him would give you an idea of how to be in the NOW, which is all we really have.

I also try and implement the Law of Attraction in my life but it's a matter of knowing what your priorities are. If your priority is being happy, you can be happy wherever you are, whatever you are doing because it comes from inside. If it's something outside yourself that you want, you need to know WHY you want it and focus on the end result.

If you hate your job, you should find another because this will stiffle your spirit to work and work at a job you hate. Perhaps it's more yourself that is the block than the job, tho. YOu must find happiness within yourself that is independent of any outside source.

If you want another job, focus on the idea that a way will come for you to have another job and be open to ideas that come to you about that. the more you focus on your current unhappiness and doubt, the more it will paralyze you.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: joanj
Adam111, you should read the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. this and other books by him would give you an idea of how to be in the NOW, which is all we really have.

I also try and implement the Law of Attraction in my life but it's a matter of knowing what your priorities are.

I completely agree with this. i read the book in Italian a year ago, and it's advice can help anyone transform their lives.
Incredible.
Have you read it, CDMohatta? It is very powerful.

"Things are not what they seem.... Nor are they otherwise...." (Lankavatara Sutta)

"The purpose of Life is simply, to be happy, and to make others happy." HH the Dalai Lama.

S
S
There is a very informative and inspirational interview with one of The Secret teachers Lisa Nichols at SavvyMiss.com. Check it out in case you haven't yet here:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

J
Koala
Koala
J
Mettamaid, have you also read A New Earth by Tolle? I am listening to the audio book right now and it's wonderful as well!

i agree, it could change your life.

J
Koala
Koala
J
The Lisa Nichols interview was very good. Thanks for posting it.

I guess as I get more into the spiritual side of myself, I am having a little trouble with some of the Law of attraction material. It is focusing on a goal and trying to make the goal be NOW and experiencing it in the present so it will have to manifest.

Tolle says we should be in the now, which is not to think people, events, situations as good or bad. It just IS. (Like Buddhism teaches?) To me, focusing on a goal (usually a material thing like a new job or whatever) is not focusing on what is good about this moment right now. It is focusing one what we want which keeps us from fully living in the current moment and experiencing it.

I think some people have taken the LOA stuff as being meant to get us wealth or better jobs or good relationships but it all begins inside in this moment.

Maybe I'm not explaining it very well. Has anyone seen the Peaceful Warrior? I just saw it this past weekend and it is a great story about the power of now.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Originally Posted By: joanj

I guess as I get more into the spiritual side of myself, I am having a little trouble with some of the Law of attraction material. It is focusing on a goal and trying to make the goal be NOW and experiencing it in the present so it will have to manifest.

Tolle says we should be in the now, which is not to think people, events, situations as good or bad. It just IS. (Like Buddhism teaches?) To me, focusing on a goal (usually a material thing like a new job or whatever) is not focusing on what is good about this moment right now. It is focusing one what we want which keeps us from fully living in the current moment and experiencing it.

I think some people have taken the LOA stuff as being meant to get us wealth or better jobs or good relationships but it all begins inside in this moment.

Maybe I'm not explaining it very well. Has anyone seen the Peaceful Warrior? I just saw it this past weekend and it is a great story about the power of now.

Thank you Joan. yes, it is as you say. The message from Mr. Tolle is exactly that in Buddhism.
And I think you are right about your assessment of the LOA that some people think it is an easy passageway to financial wealth and get rich quickly, because with riches you will be happy. I think either the message is not being given across very effectively, or people are looking for a quick fix (I think the term is) because they want it all, and they want it now. Of course, the authors of this book are reaping the rewards of a message which is ancient, but is couched in undersatndable easy attractive terms.
But if people think that this is all there is to Buddhism, they are mistaken.
Following a Buddhist path is a daily challenge to the Mind and the senses. Every day you have to watch, be in the moment, be mindful and skillful in your thoughts words and deeds, and be present at all times. It is not being Buddhist that counts. It is living Buddhism that counts.
Then, you can start on the other stuff - !!

I will look up the other book you mention by Herr Tolle. Thank you for your interesting post.

"Things are not what they seem.... Nor are they otherwise...." (Lankavatara Sutta)

"The purpose of Life is simply, to be happy, and to make others happy." HH the Dalai Lama.

Wolf
Wolf
Originally Posted By: bryan
I can truly understand your position. There are two ways - first, ask the universe to make you aware when you travel into negative thoughts because awareness is the first step. You consciously think positive and then your old negative thoughts hit the ball back
Have you wondered how to bring the Secret Law of Attraction into your life?
Basically you need a visualization form of Law of attraction, so I will recommend you a great audio series of Law of attraction called optimindzation created by Stephen Pierce a big internet marketer. This is an audio series that you listen to that sends messages to the mind through a type of meditation to give you energy or relax you depending on the one you listen to. It helps you to visualize and become creative so you can use the law of attraction in your favour.
You seem to have found parts of the puzzle on how the �Law of Attraction� as outlines in the movie �The Secret� interact with each other.
Trevor
Exclusive Interview with Bob Proctor

does that work?

M
Shark
Shark
M
I think that we can take or get advice and tips from anywhere but, we can't have our hands held. We cannot be told how to walk our own path. We must do it alone. No two paths are the same. No two secrets are identical.

F
F
Okay are we talking about the secret of happiness and fulfilment in life here?
Ask yourself: Are you happy doing what you are doing day in and day out? If not, change it.
Think of ways of doing RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS from your heart, that you mean to do it and feel the difference of self worth it will make in your life.
Sometimes when we have too much time to focus on ourselves we become so narrow minded we don't realise we are blocking out all the awesome things beyond our box and its hard to see until someone points it out to you.
Each one of us is very special and we all bring something to this world that can be shared. All the best on this journey.

Being rich is not determined by how much you have but by how little you need.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Vannie 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.