logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
If you're overweight in Britain, cheer up!

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Lisa Low Carb Ed; 03/17/08 02:07 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
You know, Lisa, our government are amazing with the schemes they think up. I think they will do one soon for criminals. If you don't do a crime they will pay you! They do it for education too. To encourage children to go to college or 6thform the goverment pay them to go. It can be useful. But it only affects the lowest paid PARENTS! if the parents earn to much the children don't qualify!

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Actually there was also a news report that said they were going to pay kids - in Atlanta I think - for going to study hall and studying for school!!

I don't think you should pay a person to lose weight because it penalizes the ones who lost weight already on their own, they now have a financial incentive to GAIN weight to then be paid to lose it again.

Instead, they should pour that money into systems so people CAN lose weight. Fund research for low sugar, tasty foods. Fund bike paths and walking paths. Outlaw vending machines in schools but then fund the schools better so they have the same income to pay their bills. That sort of thing.

The report said that the primary 3 things people in England did was sleep, go to work (sedentary) and watch TV. So if all these people are just watching TV, maybe they need more fun things to do in their area that are active ... maybe fund more dances? Fund more festivals?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
I want to get paid to lose weight, lol

Rosie L
Gecko
Gecko
Originally Posted By: skyhaven
I want to get paid to lose weight, lol

That would be great, Rosie, if a person is motivated by money, which most people are. But some people, me for example, are not motivated by it. In my opinion, I think paying people for things they should do anyway seems pointless. It seems juvenile that people won't do some things without being proded and bribed, but it seems that most adults today are simply over-grown children.

Heather J. Hasan
Chinese Culture Editor & CC Forum Moderator
Now you made me feel bad Heather ;o( no just joking i don't get paid for any thing i do, i get rewarded by the health benefits of losing weight. thats my payment

Rosie L
Gecko
Gecko
My apologies if I did make you feel bad, Rosie. My comment wasn't directed towards you. I was stating that I feel there are too many people in the world who won't step up and take responsibility for themselves without having something dangled in front of them as they go along.

For example: I have heard of many men who will not pay child support unless they are threatened with legal action. After court, they have to pay or go to prison. Shouldn't they want to provide for their child instead of being forced to do so? Shouldn't their child's wellfare be enough incentive?

Bribing has never worked for me. A person could say they would give me $1 million and it honestly wouldn't motivate me. This is probably because I live in my own head too much and money doesn't hold much importance in there. As a matter of fact, it seems to cause more harm than good. I've gotten myself into trouble with credit cards and overspending and I've tried to distance myself from large spending.

Last edited by Heather - Chinese Culture; 03/17/08 06:50 PM.

Heather J. Hasan
O.K I can stop crying now. ;o( (just kidding)

I hear what your saying, i'm just now getting child support and my oldest child is 41 years old.

Rosie L
Gecko
Gecko
Originally Posted By: skyhaven
O.K I can stop crying now. ;o( (just kidding)

I hear what your saying, i'm just now getting child support and my oldest child is 41 years old.

I am really sorry to hear that, Rosie.

Heather J. Hasan
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I would like to get paid to lose weight too! but i agree with what Lisa is saying, some people would abuse the system.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.