Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
E
Yes Jase, there is loads of veriety. Its contempary and full of vibe.

Last edited by Eng Culture Nicola Jane; 03/18/08 04:07 PM.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
Gecko
Gecko
T
I had been to London twice for the weekend - sightseeing trips with friends or students. I had seen the major sights, twice, and didn't need to see them again. This last time I went solo - and had a great time! I can't wait to go again. What will I do on my next trip? More specialty book stores, go back to Covent Garden and the Borough Street Market, then find some new nooks and crannies to explore.

So my favourite thing about London is... there is so much more to see and experience!

Last edited by Tracie - German Culture; 03/25/08 03:52 PM.
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I have studied English history and literature so a walk through London is seeing it all come to life.

I remember standing in front of Westminister Abbey and the House of Parliament with Big Ben and I was just in awe.

Of course shopping at Harrods and Portobello road was wonderful. Regent Street was amazing, I loved the HUGE Laura Ashely they had.

The museums, the Tower of London, Buckingham Palace.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
What I love most about London is the River Thames, and all the walks along it - for young And old! Everyone can enjoy it - moms with buggies, old gentlemen with walking sticks and even crazy students with skateboards or 'free running' and jumping down flights of steps or walls along the South Bank. I have some pictures of it:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

S
Shark
Shark
S
The Underground, shops, pubs, tea shops, Big Ben.....

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
London Walking Tours to take in all Londons history = there is a special Halloween walk on Oct 31st all about executions,witchcraft,Jack the Ripper and gaols etc. It leaves at 9.45 pm..... spooky fun!

E
E
London is really cosmopolitan and amazing. I love the views of the river and the walks along it, the old buildings, the museums and galleries, and the shopping.

Emilia
gemstones
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
I live in London and the thing I like best is to look at the wonderful architecture when I'm on the top deck of a bus. Riding the buses is how you really get to see London!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
A London walk is one thing we always plan into our London itinerary. There are lots of walks starting from Trafalgar Square and we plan to choose one over the Halloween break - Trafalgar Square is one of the places we like most in London (we wrote all about it on our photo journal on Squidoo) it's great for photos too, and has a lot of interesting history. A nice hotel near Trafalgar Square is the Radisson - it even has a nice name, the Radisson Edwardian!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Be sure to visit London at Christmas for some fun. One of the things England/London does best is a traditional Christmas!

You really can get chestnuts roasted round an open fire (well, brazier anyway) in traditional Victorian settings such as Covent Garden. Also, Harrods Kensington and Hamley's Toy Shop Regent's Street all lit up for Christmas are a sight to behold.

The Salvation Army brass band playing all the traditional old carols, and Christmas fun festivities in Trafalgar Square - all not to be missed for those who love London vacations!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Sarah - English Culture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.