Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#316741 05/23/07 10:15 PM
Lynn_B Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I've booked a week long cruise on a family-friendly line this August. I've read a lot of stuff about cruising with kids, but wanted some feedback from some "live" people. If you've taken small children (well, not too small--mine will be 3 and 8 by August), please post some tips for me.

I'm looking for "helpful hints" on what to pack and how to handle shore/ship and ship/shore transitions with kids.

Thanks!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
T
I took a Galapogos Islands Cruise last year with my kids, which they loved. Lots of wildlife to see in the Galapagos Islands - they really enjoyed the cruise.

In reality, the kids should take care of themselves - cruises often has lots of facilites and kids clubs to keep children occupied, so parents can equally enjoy the vacation.

Just make sure you take some pills incase the children get sea sick - that would be my tip!

B
Koala
Koala
B
I have heard of some autism cruises that were promoted but never another thing about how they went. That would be too scarey for me with two kids on the spectrum.

My son would enjoy whale watching.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Bonnie,

Information on autism group cruises was limited, but I did find a few things. A company called Alumni Cruises has created group bookings on a few sailings specifically for parents and their autistic children. By booking through them, they also make special arrangements so young cruisers can participate in the on board Children's Programs.

As a general rule, as long as a cruise line knows about guests with special needs, they can make the proper arrangements and accommodations.

Check them out: autismontheseas.com orBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

B
Koala
Koala
B
Thanks for the link. I am aware of that one and was looking more for feedback from anyone who has gone on one, but that info does not seem to be out there.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site

Moderated by  Nancy - Cruises 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.