Next Thread
Print Thread
#393741 03/16/08 02:23 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Fish FAQ and Forum Rules post. The main message is about FAQs I get all the time and a brief statement of the rules (be nice no yelling etc).

The most frequently asked question is about sick fish. The best first answer to start with is always change the water, keep the water clean, make sure you have pristine water quality consistently and at all times throughout your fish's life. It has to do with keeping the water not only clean, but at the correct water temperature for the type of fish you are the pet parent to, monitoring the water chemistry, conditioning the water, dechlorinating the water, and using a good water filtration system, among other things. You have to read up on it and ask questions. Being a part of this fish forum is a great way to ask questions and communicate with other fish lovers to share your opinions and experiences with fishkeeping and get great advice!

Just be sure to always respect everyone on the forum and remember to treat people on the forum the way you want to be treated! Thanks! : ) Best Fishes!

Mary Brennecke Fish Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
T
Hi Mary,

Not sure if you've had one like this before but here goes.

My beta Lucky is about 2 years old and about 4 months ago he started to develop some growth on his side. I attributed this to an unknown tumor that nobody seems to know much about. He seems healthy and happy otherwise, I clean his water twice a week, he sits on my desk at work and we have daily chats and sing-alongs (he does the dancing and I do the singing). I am concerned now though because it appears as if the growth is beginning to peel or deteriorate, almost like a wart that had been treated with Compound W. Any thoughts or suggestions? I'd really like to prolong the life of my beloved desk mate as long as possible. One more thing, his water is always kept at approximately 82 degrees and is crystal clear. He also eats a weekly diet of betta bites, with a few blood worms thrown in from time to time as a treat--not too much though, don't want him constipated! :-)

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Does your container on your desk have a filter? Does it have an aquarium thermometer so you can monitor the consistency of his water temperature while you are there? How much do you feed him every day? You could add some Nutrafin Betta food flakes and some frozen brine shrimp for variety.

Mary Brennecke Fish Site
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi, How's Lucky doing these days? He'd be 3 years and four months now, right?

Mary Brennecke Fish Site

Moderated by  Mary_Betta_Fish 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.