Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
ooooo that is so cool Jill! You are my idol smile

I was in fact standing on one leg doing that pose while watching tv and I was getting the hang of it. So that's a cool thing about yoga - once you learn a pose you can just try it anywhere to practice it!!

Once I get my twisty disc maybe I'll try it with one leg ... not!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Stand on one leg, opposite foot up alongside the knee? Yeah, I can do that. It's easy if you focus on a fixed point.

Llyn - Spinning Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
lol I have to say it's not easy for most of us! It's inspiring that it's easy for you smile

Low Carb Forum
Shark
Shark
You really should try a yoga class. They are so much fun. When you fall you feel extra silly, and in a crowded class you can play human dominoes. But going to a class can teach some of the basics that you may not learn from your DVD. Sometimes it's putting your foot at a different angle, or sometimes it a really helpful clue like not resting your foot on your knee, but it's a good idea to get these tips. Once you have the positions correct it's great to do anywhere. Plus, yoga has breathing and meditation components, and I never could have appreciated either from a DVD.

Shark
Shark
Ooops, just read your other thread of DVD vs. class. Guess I should have answered this question there...

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
LOL that's ok our world is all interconnected smile

Yes I think I will try a local class once I get all the basics down, but I want to go all the way through my DVD a few times first so I build up my endurance and have a basic idea of what to do. That will make me feel more comfortable in being in a group. Then the teacher can help me tune what I'm doing.

I've been practicing standing on one leg at various times and I think I am getting better at it! I also think it's easier if it's foot on skin vs foot on sweatpants which I was doing during the actual DVD watching. So that seems to be part of it for me.

Low Carb Forum
Shark
Shark
I've never done yoga but I can stand on one leg most of the time. But I admit that I am not that stable and I often can't keep it up for that long.

I'm always amazed at how he can stand on one foot for so long if he is trying to get a pebble out of his other shoe. He can take off the other shoe, remove the pebble and put the shoe back on, all the while standing on one leg without losing his balance. But I think my husband has a big advantage over me. I attribute this to his feet. He wears a size 11 EEE shoe. With a foot like this, of course he would be stable on one leg!

Shark
Shark
They say you should always put your pants on standing up without leaning on anything. That way you are on one foot trying to balance. In other words, exercise by mistake!

C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
Carol, the same goes for putting on shoes and socks, which is probably why I can do the one-legged stand in the bathroom..that's where I get dressed!

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I can, for up to 2 minutes either leg. My daughter copies me, but she's got bigger feet then me and holds the foot against her knee at an odd angle so her toes wrap around her leg, and she can hold a few seconds longer then me every time. She gloats. The fitness center I belong to offers a yoga class I was thinking of taking this summer, not in the winter though, I'd have to catch a bus!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/11/24 04:36 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.