Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#392299 03/13/08 04:49 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
What yoga mat do you use? This is the one I just got in today -

It is "extra thick" and it got a lot of great reviews from people who praise its cushion. I got it in light lavender.

So I've never had a yoga mat before, but I'm going to go unroll it in front of the tv and see what it's like ... hold on a moment ...

OK this may sound silly but does the bumpy side go up or down? I put it up smile

It certainly seems soft enough! The sites all warned about chemically aroma but I really don't sense that. Of course I tried one of the positions I remember from the DVD - laying on your stomach and lifting your legs up and your arms up (pointing back at your toes) - this is harder than it looks!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
I think you might want to put the bumpy side down to help it adhere to the carpet or floor. Or is the bumpy side to help massage your bare feet? Anyway, it sounds like a really neat mat. I like the purple - purple is spiritual.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
We're thinking the bumpy side goes up, so that you don't stick to it. Any other yoga-ites around to chime in? smile

Low Carb Forum
Zebra
Zebra
I think bumps go up to help keep you from slipping.

F
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
F
I wondered this too! Thought it was bumps-up for the slipping reason, but then tried it bumps down and like it better. It feels squishier that way, and is still plenty sticky. I would try both ways and see what you think.

I'm glad you mentioned that about the chemical smell. I bought mine at a regular store not too long ago (previously just used the carpet, which wasn't as good at all). I didn't ask any questions about it, and just grabbed one. It does have a smell! Hopefully it will fade out soon. It only bothers me when I have to lay face down on it.

Zebra
Zebra
You can wash your yoga mat. Just use plain soap & water, rinse well, roll it up in a towel to dry, then hang it over the shower rod to finish drying.

I would do that for the chemical smell.

It's also how you get the sticky back after it's gotten a bit dirty.

F
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
F
Great idea. Thanks Deb, I'll do it!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK soap and water sounds good, I will try that tomorrow in the bathtub. I am using it bumpy side up. I liked my short workout yesterday with back related exercises and will try more today!

I'm doing a lot of "chest pull downs" on the bowflex so I think this is a good counterpoint to those. Working the lower back instead of the shoulders and upper back.

Low Carb Forum
Koala
Koala
We had mats in the my college class and I think if I get a mat I am going to get one that is wider and longer then the ones in the class because those were so narrow and short. my feet and hands were alway half on and half off the mats and there for I slid.... When I do tapes at home I have carpet so I dont use a mat but I did see these neat things that are like gloves and feet covers that you can use instead of the mats that I thought would be better for me because you dont have to hassle with rolling and unrolling your mat and I could stash those in my bag and do yoga at the office when I have time down there and have nothing else to do!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I have a carpet too but it seemed like all the videos and such used mats, so I thought it might help with carpet burn and also "getting into the mood".

The one I got seems wide enough, it might be a *little* short head to toe in that if I lay full length on it and my head is on one end my feet are nearly falling off the other end. But maybe that is just the right size then smile

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.