logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Shark
Shark
For Donna -- I also had an IPL treatment for the first time in an attempt to improve the redness on my upper chest that appears to be due to very tiny broken capillaries. Unfortunately, it hasn't helped at all and that was about a month ago. Do you know what settings they used in your treatment and the name of the equipment? I may ask for my money back with this treatment but might like to try it somewhere else. It has been rather disappointing especially since I paid a lot of money for it.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Dr's say rosacea runs in families.

I can't have wine, sun, or spicy food. I get the blotches that look like pimples.

I also can't tolerate citrus (like Vitamin C) on my face.

I'm reluctant to get a facial with the steam, scrubs and warm towels they use. Anyone get a facial and didn't have a reaction? Is there a special facial?

Sharon Michaels
�Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.�

Abundance and Wealth Editor and
Self Development Editor

The Abundance and Wealth Site
The Most Recent Abundance and Wealth Featured Article

Sharon's Power To Succeed Blog

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
My mom has rosacea, too. Ive always burned easily & had skin cancer 12 years ago, so I really avoid the sun. I think rosacea tends to run in people of fair complexion, too. I had very pale skin my whole life until my 30s when the flushing started.

Diana - you may need more than 1 treatment before you see results. My doctor told me that I would need at least 5 treatments and probably wouldn't start to see results until the 3rd. My treatments were spaced 1 month apart and I had 6 total the first year. Unfortunately I don't know what settings were used. She did use a smaller wand on the red spider lines and they disappeared on the spot.

She took a before and after photo of me and there is a very big difference. And, as I mentioned - I still go for 2 maintenance treatments each year.

Good luck!

Donna smile

Donna Coogan, C.I.D.

B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
I just got my catalog today in the mail from Sun Precautuions and have yet to order from them since they seem expensive.

Anyone make a purchase for 30+ SPF sun protective clothing?

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
I am glad I brought up Rosacea here on these forums and to notice many suffer as well with this skin condition. I belong to a few rosacea forums and groups.

I still think it would make a good article about self esteem and body image and surprised not one article about skin conditions in the body care or beauty sections.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Shark
Shark
Donna, I was under the impression from what I've read and heard that the first IPL treatment is when the most dramatic results are seen and subsequent ones don't show that much improvement. But perhaps that was incorrect. Gee, this could get quite expensive...

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Here you go - the cause of rosacea -

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Diana - the article says

""Too much SCTE and too much cathelicidin leads to the abnormal peptides that cause the symptoms of this disease," said Gallo. "Antibiotics tend to alleviate the symptoms of rosacea in patients because some of them work to inhibit these enzymes. Our findings may modify the therapeutic approach to treating rosacea, since bacteria aren't the right target.""

Low Carb Forum
Gecko
Gecko
That's a great article! Thank you for sharing.

And they are right, some months my face is perfectly clear and then the rosacea is back again.

I'd love to treat this as naturally as possible. At least keep it under control. No drugs, etc. Any suggestions?

Sharon Michaels
�Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.�

Abundance and Wealth Editor and
Self Development Editor

The Abundance and Wealth Site
The Most Recent Abundance and Wealth Featured Article

Sharon's Power To Succeed Blog

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I don't know what would naturally inhibit SCTE or cathelicidin. They only found out the cause a few months ago so they may still be working on that.

Low Carb Forum
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.