Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#391401 03/11/08 11:59 PM
B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
I have been suffering with rosacea and contact dermatitis for months and it really affects self image - the face and areas where rashs occur.

I think this would be a good topic to address for this section. I know many are despondent, distraught and just depressed and tired of all the skin issues - I am on several rosacea forums and groups for eczema as well.

For men afflicted they seem to be in their early 20s and many women are close to menopause age - not all but a good majority from my little consensus of observations.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
Elephant
rosacea is common amungst my clients. Have you ever considered facials and dermabrasion with peels as a treatment option?

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
I have been learning about clarisonic and the Derm I saw today sells it but she said to worry about getting this eczema cleared up before doing anything like that.

I was watching on our LA news this AM a demonstration of chemical peels and too chicken for something like that as it would burn my face - I imagine.

I wanted to do one of those quick lifts for the neck fat from prednisone but my face would not be able to handle that. I love looking at the before and after photos. I used the income tax return for a deposit on a car anyway so maybe next year I can do a lift since I will be turning 50 in a few more years (48 next month) YIKES

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Elephant
Elephant
you can get glycolic peels that are 30% solution or less. Less harm and it takes all of 5 minutes. It's not dermatological strength but still a course of treatments (5-6) will only cost less than 200. Our spa is doing 6 for 175 or 150.. we haven't decided yet. And facials DO help. Regular facials even more so. I have many a client who gets them and has noticed the difference they can make. our most expensive facial is only 50

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I found this article on rosacea about natural treatments and thought you might be interested. A friend of mine has it and I was wondering if detoxing might help her, since I have a good tea for that.

Here is the article:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

J
Koala
Koala
J
I see the article recommends Miessence as one good organic option for skin problems. I personally do use Miessence and, altho I didn't have rosacea, my skin is a lot nicer since I got off the chemicals.

My daughter has some acne problems and the organics really helped her skin, plus a good diet of fruits and veggies and lots of water.

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Where do you purchase Miessence?

I've had rosacea for 25 years - stress doesn't help the condition!

D
Gecko
Gecko
D
I have rosacea and have it treated in my dermatologist's office with photo rejuvenation therapy. It's something that uses "intense pulsed light." It definitely hurts, but it only takes about 5 minutes for my whole face and it works! It helps reduce brown spots, sun spots & fine lines, too.

I started with 6 treatments and now go back once a year for 2 maintenance treatments.

I receive lots of complements on how young and smooth my skin is now (I'm 45yo). I still flush when I'm overheated like after a hot shower or exercising, but it goes away quickly. I don't get the rashy spots all over any more.

I used to get comments on a regular basis from strangers asking if I was okay bec I was so flushed. Some people would comment on how terribly my face was sunburned, too. It was frustrating and I am thankful I've found a solution that works for me. I even wear pink and red sometimes, now - colors I totally avoided before.

If you can afford it and are willing to put up with some temporary pain (the pain is only felt when the treatment is being applied), then I highly recommend talking to your dermatologist about this treatment.

I also always use sunscreen (and avoid direct sunlight on my face). And one last thing I totally recommend is Bare Minerals make-up. It really helps tone down any flushing or uneven skin appearance. It's the only make-up I use now.

Donna smile

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
My mom and I both have rosacea. It definitely becomes more noticeable after a hot shower, when it's hot out, when we're exercising and when we drink wine. Unfortunately we go out to wine dinners a fair amount so this is usually the problem for us smile

I try to stay out of the sun completely, I had a friend with skin cancer and it scared me. I always wear a boonie hat when we go out anywhere hiking or walking or such.

For me I try to take my vitamins, drink a lot of water and avoid the triggers as much as I can. Except wine wink

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Shark
Shark
I developed rosacea during my first pregnancy and I've had it ever since. It was terrible at first and no ointments my dermatologist recommended helped. I even got it on my eyelids and had to have tear ducts removed three times because of it! Then I accidentally discovered that antiobiotics worked wonders on it. So I have been taking a very small dose of tetracycline for years now and it is completely under control. It is the only thing that worked for me. And even though I hate to be taking antibiotics like this, my doctor even recommends it because the eye microsurgery was rather serious and should be avoided.

This past summer, I heard that scientists have finally discovered the cause of rosacea -- it has to do with the inability of the body to deal with a certain chemical. I can't remember the details but I haven't seen any new products out there yet that address this issue. I will be anxious to try them if they ever do appear.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.