Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#392978 03/14/08 06:47 PM
D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Mine is painted yellow with green countertops and beige cabinets.

Donna smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
eggshell, all my rooms are eggshell. we can't paint our walls. every thing has to be the same boring color!
I would love to be able to paint my kitchen yellow, but housing won't aloud us to do that

Rosie L
Shark
Shark
My kitchen is painted mauve. The countertops are a speckly mauve and the cabinets are a deep cherry wood.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Oh, Rosie, I LOVE eggshell. Most of my rooms are that color, too. My kitchen was green when we moved in and had outdoor carpeting in our large country kitchen. We now have white with beige geometric shaped linoleum on our floor, our counters have light beige marble-look formica tops, and the cupboards are oak. We updated our appliances 18 years ago from yellow to light beige, which is when the cupboards got updated to oak.

My dream is to get ceramic tile floors, get a granite counter top, and then update our appliances again, with stainless steel. ahhh...if we win the lottery wink .... otherwise I have to wait 6 years until the house is paid for. It makes for good dreams, though. smile

K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
Mine is bright green. It was stark white when we moved into this apartment and the rest of the apartment is a light beige color that is a nice neutral. I just couldn't deal with the bright white- it looked so drab and uninspired. DH actually picked out the color!

C
Shark
Shark
C
Hi, everyone. Our house is about 60 years old. The kitchen was updated by the last owner to include a dishwasher and a new-ish gas oven, both black. The walls and cabinets are still the white chosen by the previous owner. Normally, I'm NOT a huge fan of plain white; but, as they say, there are always exceptions. In this case, I think the white is very nice.

The original owner made the kitchen cabinets all by himself back in 1948, and they are charming. There are even scalloped cut-outs over the kitchen window/sink and below the sink. It's the scallops that really add the charm,I think.

One end of the kitchen does not contain cabinets. It just has walls with a pantry door and a door to the dining room and a window at that end. There's room for a small table there. Well, there used to be a wine-bottle-and-grapes border above the cabinets. To me, this border was just out of place. I replaced the border with one that is pretty simple in its design--just graphic looking clusters of red cherries that repeat. The border has a white background and a scalloped edge outlined in a black line. (Notice, I got to repeat the scallop theme throughout the room using this border.) I added the border to the entire room instead of just the cabinet end. This border fits the age of the house and looks great with the white walls and cabinets.

For curtains, I used some white cotton tablecloths that have a few eyelet cut-outs down the center of them. I clipped the tablecloths to those clip-type curtain rings (black), and the curtain rod is a decorative black one. I found the CUTEST black teapot tie-backs, and they just add such a nice detail. Also, I got a black refrigerator to compliment the existing appliances (it was time for a new fridge!).

Keeping the existing color scheme meant not having to repaint the cabinets!! Yea!

cela
Koala
Koala
Kristen...love that green...I have a simular color in my bedroom.

My kitchen is a very light peach. Mostly it looks white but in the evening when the sun is down you can see the peach. Next time I paint I will go a shade darker

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Koala
Koala
Cela...love your curtain idea. I saw an idea for one the other day. Someone had taken vintage hankies that were all white and sewed them together. I have a small collection of hankies I am working towards a quilt but none that are white. Next time I am out shopping I am going to look for some white ones.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
Cream and White, with white wood cabinets and a creamish range cooker, victorian ish! With old advertising pictures from the last century on the walls and lod coffee grinders and teapots/jugs on the shelves.

I like it.

Last edited by Eng Culture Nicola Jane; 03/18/08 04:28 PM.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

KiKi, very nice n cozy

Rosie L
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.