logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Zebra
Zebra
So, looking at the sugar in plain yogurt, I guess I can see how they get up so high once they start adding the sweeteners.

Interesting: (this is from 1999--eight years ago)

Quote:
CSPI is asking the FDA to adopt USDA's figure of 10 teaspoons (40 grams) as the Daily Value for added sugars. Daily Values are used on Nutrition Facts labels to indicate the recommended maximum intakes of fat, sodium, and other nutrients.

Many individual foods provide large fractions of the USDA's recommended sugar limits. For instance, a typical cup of fruit yogurt provides 70 percent of a day's worth of added sugar; a cup of regular ice cream provides 60 percent, a 12-ounce Pepsi provides 103 percent, a Hostess Lemon Fruit Pie provides 115 percent, a serving of Kellogg's Marshmallow Blasted Froot Loops provides 40 percent, and a quarter-cup of pancake syrup provides 103 percent.

Source:BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
More than a cup of ice cream!! Yikes!!

And how many dieting women grab that container of yogurt because it's good for them?

I swear, companies dump sugar into their foods on purpose to addict us ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
My yogurt has: CULTURED PASTEURIZED ORGANIC NONFAT MILK, NATURALLY MILLED ORGANIC SUGAR, ORGANIC NATURAL VANILLA FLAVOR, PECTIN, VITAMIN D3. CONTAINS OUR EXCLUSIVE BLEND OF SIX LIVE ACTIVE CULTURES INCLUDING L. ACIDOPHILUS, BIFIDUS, L. CASEI AND L. RHAMNOSUS.

I eat Stonyfield Farm organic non-fat french vanilla yogurt. I try not to eat anything with HFCS. I like the Stonyfield because I can get it in a 32 oz container which will last me all week. I don't eat the full 1 C serving every day so the calorie count is much better too. (180 Calories in a full cup)

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I have actually been thinking about trying to make my own yogurt at home. From the recipes I have read it looks like it could be a pretty easy process and it will allow me to control the ingredients .

There are also electric yogurt makers available that have had great reviews - might have to give them a try.

"Rosie" Offline OP
OP Offline
I just picked up some Stonyfield farm O'Soy yogurt not bad

Rosie L
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Megan-Healthy Foods 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.