Print Thread
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
Do you worry about how long you are contagious with a cold and how long you need to take precautions around other people? I answered these and other commonly asked questions about colds in this week's article atBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Sheree-Allergies; 03/12/08 10:07 PM.

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds
Allergies and Colds Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Koala
Koala
J
My favorite cold remedy is hot lemonade. Boil one cup of water, add the juice of one fresh lemon, a tablespoon of honey and a dash of cayenne pepper. Honey is anti-viral and anti-bacterial and the cayenne pepper heats up your body, which, according to Chinese Medicine, will help burn out the cold germs.

I use this every time I get a cold. Altho I think the real key is to boost your immune system so you don't get colds in the first place.

S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
I think you're right on with your comment about boosting your immune system in the first place. Thank you too for sharing your cold remedy. I'll give it a try because I love anything lemon.

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds
J
Koala
Koala
J
Lemon is full of vitamin C so is very good for the immune system. I love it in tea and generally use a lot of lemon juice in cooking as well. Of course, that probably destroys most of the Vitamin C but lemon juice makes a great marinade for meats.

S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
Lemon is great for you and delicious on so many things. I do find that if I use it more than two days in a row that I develop canker sores in my mouth. I think you call that a food intolerance. Anyhow, I avoid that problem by only using it every four days.

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds
B
Koala
Koala
B
The link takes you to the main page at BellaOnline and not the article or section.

I will try the link in your sig line.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
Thanks for the tip. You're right the link I posted doesn't work even though it's the URL at the top of the page showing that article. I changed the link to the Allergies and Colds home page. http://allergiesandcolds.bellaonline.com/Site.asp. That seems to work but doesn't take you directly to the article. Just click on the article "Q & A about Colds." Thanks again.

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds

Moderated by  Sheree-Allergies 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.