logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
OP Offline
J
I have been facing problems of blackheads and they seem to be getting worse. It really makes you look ugly and I am worried that if they will ever go away. If anyone of you has been in a similar situation or may be if you people know the cure for this, please let me know.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Assuming that your blackheads are clogged pores and not just enlarged pores, I suggest Biore pore strips. This product is amazing. You put it on and after 10 or 15 minutes, you peel it off and the pore-clogging debris comes out right on the strip! It's really incredible. Just be very careful when pulling it off -- moisten it with water if you have let it dry too long and it is adhering too tightly. I think it would be possible to tear your skin if you're not careful. Also, I think it's important to use an astringent afterward to close the pores as much as possible and then make sure that you only apply non-comedogenic products to your face to prevent reoccurrence. The pores may still be noticeable but not nearly as much.

E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
I will give that a go my self Diana, Thankyou. Also the swedish face mask you can buy, the blue one, with dead sea extracts is very good.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

J
Koala
Koala
J
Be sure you drink lots of water to keep the toxins flushed from your body. Lots of exercise will also help keep the pores on your face clean and clear.

I use an organic clay mask that works very well. I'd recommend doing a clay mask at least twice a week.

B
Shark
Shark
B
those are all great suggestions!!

It is also important to have a skincare routine. You need to cleanse your face twice daily, am & pm.

Depending on the severity of the blackheads I would use either a cleanser with salicylic acid of at least 1.5% Salicylcic acid get into your pores to clean them out. Or if not using a cleanser with salicylic acid, a spot treatment gel containing salicylic acid is also good.

If you have oily skin (most people with blackheads such as myself) also makesure that you use the right makeup for your skin type!

Elephant
Elephant
Facials and extractions are also another good choice. Also considering glycolic peels to help slough off the dead skin that can cause the pore to clog and such is a good help.

I have oily skin and I use a self-adjusting cleanser, toner, moisturizer and eye cream. I happen to use the Arbonne products (intelligence and clear) but i am sure there are others out there.

I personally HATE, and I mean H A T E Proactive. i DO NOT like what it does to my clients skin and it isn't self adjusting so sometimes it's too oily when it doesn't need to be or to dry when it doesn't need to be.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
C
Zebra
Zebra
C
A facial and extraction will get rid of all of your blackheads and give you a fresh start. Then I would ask your esthetician to recommend a skin care routine for your skin type.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
C
Zebra
Zebra
C
Originally Posted By: Jase GLBT Editor
I personally HATE, and I mean H A T E Proactive. i DO NOT like what it does to my clients skin and it isn't self adjusting so sometimes it's too oily when it doesn't need to be or to dry when it doesn't need to be.

What exactly does it do to your clients skin? I'm concerned because my son is using it and while it seems to be clearing up his acne, it's taking a long time. Proactiv is the last thing that we've tried after oral antibiotics, retin-a, and other various topical gels. I'm hoping that it continues to work.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Washing affected areas several times a day has little effect except to improve the appearance of an oily face. Any good soap may be used. Antibacterial soaps provide no added benefit, and abrasive soaps may enhance drying but may also irritate the skin. Hot water compresses help soften comedones, making them easier to remove. A doctor can show either the person with acne or a family member how to remove comedones carefully once or twice a week, preferably with a sterile needle or a Schamberg loop extractor. A pimple should be opned with a sterile needle only after a pustule has formed. Other treatments depend on the severity of the acne.
Doctors do what they can to prevent scarring from deep acne. Usually prescribing an oral antibiotic such as tetracycline,minocycline, or erythromycin. When antibiotics don't work isotretinoin taken by mouth is the best treatment

Rosie L
B
B
Hi Julie I use Swiss Just natural products. The Tea Tree products work best.

Swiss Just Natural Products for the Body & Mind are a balance between Science & Nature.
Please contact me for information on natural wellness products from Swiss Just @ www.jill.swissjust-usa.com
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.