My son is nonverbal autistic in fifth grade and having his triennial in June and this will be his matriculation IEP as well.

In preschool special ed he had an AAC evaluation and the school district (LAUSD) loaned us a cheap talk It followed him to this school he has been at for four years and same teacher. This year no speech at school after same therapist for three years and no one assigned to school.

I was tired of the cheap talk and not even being utilized at school or home most often and it broke or needed batteries and sat in closet at school.

I bought at campus tech for $169 the go talk 9+ - he used it two summers at summer day camp and I like the portability of it and it looks more age appropriate for middle school use.

I mentioned to the AP that I wanted an AAC eval and she said to do the letter with the reason.

I need some guidance on the reason.

Should I mention the previous one was years ago and due to transition and new device I bought - or keep the new device out of the letter and focus on school and see if they will supply one as well?

We are in CA.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site