logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Shark
Shark
Thanks for taking the time to find that article, Lisa. I was so excited about it when I read it in the newspaper. But strangely, my doctor hadn't heard about it and the news didn't even appear on a rather official "org" website for rosacea for at least a month afterward. I guess it may take a while to development new treatements that use the new findings. And even if they do, they may not be any less risky than taking antiobiotics continuously. I can't imagine wanting to put an ointment of any sort on my eyelids and lashes so it would have to be an oral medicine anyway. I'm just glad the tetracycline does the trick.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
Some people were discussing this spring water spray on a rosacea forum today:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Amoeba
Amoeba
If you have Rosacea and or Acne, most major health insurance carries will cover your treatments. I have been going a dermatologist (MD) for 3 years -- Blue Cross/Blue Shield covers almost everything. It is called "Acne Surgery" for insurance billing purposes. I have a peel one month and a micro-dermabrasion the next.

My DR started me with a 10 percent peel, left on for just a few minutes and gradually worked up not only the strength but the length of time it was left on. Very little 'stinging' absolutely no burning. If it burns, it is too strong or has been left on too long. My DR writes prescriptions for most of what goes on my face, which insurance covers as well. In addition, she gives me samples for any new product so that I can see if my sensitive skin will tolerate it. In her waiting room, there is a basket of samples for sunscreen and moisturizer so I have saved a ton on money by not having to purchase these often expensive items.

I use a prescription facial wash and topical lotion morning and evening. My face is in GREAT shape. Plus, the prescription lotions make my skin velvety soft and smooth -- fewer lines and creases. Most of the time, my Acne Rosacea is under control -- not cured -- but 75 percent better than before I went to the dermatologist. I plan on going in for intense pulsed light treatments in the fall.

Sandie Jarrett
Cajun and Creole Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Diana - right it sounds like the antibiotics "do the right thing" so anything else they worked out would probably be just like the antibiotic. I'm glad you found something that worked for you!

Sandie - that's really interesting that insurance can cover it! That's definitely something that people should look into.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Shark
Shark
Sandie -- do you expect that the IPL treatments will also be covered by your insurance? That would indeed be wonderful!

Amoeba
Amoeba
I'm not sure - but I will ask when I go back in a few weeks. I know that it does not cover treatments to remove the tiny broken veins around the nose! Those painful little treatments (even with numbing gel)were $100 each - and you need to have them done several times within a short period of time to be affective. I didn't know about that and didn't go back soon enough for re-treatment so I didn't have the followup treatments. I figured I'd save the $$ and do the IPL.

Sandie Jarrett
Cajun and Creole Editor
Koala
Koala
I have the butterfly rash thing going for me and ever since I was 8 people think I wear too much blush! I didnt start wearing make up until I was 16 and that was just for church on sunday and I never wear blush! EVER!!!

I have the bright red cheeks all the time but I put olive oil on my face before bed every night so I dont have the ezsima sp? dry patches anyways.. I just thought i would throw that out there. I have oily skin so I use to get zits all the time but since i started using olive oil at night that has helped stop the zits and my skin is more balenced and less T zone..

Amoeba
Amoeba
I was at a natural foods show yesterday and picked up a few samples of a topical product made by Humphreys (www.humphreysusa.com) that is suppose to 'calm' the redness of Rosacea. It is a Witch Hazel based (alcohol-free) cucumber melon toner. I tried it this morning and also gave a bottle to my son's girlfriend to try. She has acne and sometimes experiences a lot of redness. I tried it this morning and found it soothing when applied � but since my skin is rather calm right now, I'm not sure how well it will control the redness. I'll let you know,

I know it is just a 'cover up', but Donna's recommendation for Bare Minerals is a good one. It really does help minimize the redness. Bare Minerals is starting to open retail stores where you can demo the products before purchasing. Alta stores also carry the line. I originally purchased Bare Minerals through HSN or QVC. The DVD they included thoroughly explained the correct way to apply the foundation and to cover problem areas. The products are completely oil-free and the coverage is great. Just make sure that your skin is well hydrated � with no dry patches. It is so pure that the company says you can wear it to sleep in, but I never do. I just put it on when ever I want to look my best without looking made-up.

Last edited by Sandie_Cajun_Host; 03/15/08 08:54 PM.

Sandie Jarrett
Cajun and Creole Editor
Hi Sandie,
I noticed your Mardi Gras Mask! I live in Lafayette, LA.
Lana

LANA R. MIXON
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
My face is SUPER oily so I can't imagine putting olive oil on my face, it would feel slimy to me. That being said, I did find some Avon face cream which is very light, which I can tolerate just on my forehead and cheeks. If I put any on my under-chin or neck, it gets so oily it breaks out pretty much immediately smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.