Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
E
My Roots are English, Scottish, Irish and Jewish. Where are your Roots from? How does that make you feel? Does it make any difference?

For me it meant looking at Jewish culture and thinking on that, among many thoughts I had about who I am.
What do you think?

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
On my mother's side, there is German, Irish, and Welsh? I think. My father's side is Arabic. I am not too familiar with the Arabic/Muslim society and I tend to shy away from it because of the react people have to Arabic people in today's society. It is a bad habit and I am trying to break away from that habit. I have been trying to read more about Arabic culture recently and I've become interested in belly dancing (that should be interesting lol)

Heather J. Hasan
Chinese Culture Editor & CC Forum Moderator
Gecko
Gecko
My mom's side is Irish/English and my dad's side is English/Scottish. Before one of my recent trips to England, my mom's aunt told me that part of the family came from the "West Country" and the family name was Combs. I didn't have time to do any real research, but it was interesting to see all the "Combs" place/road names while traveling in the area!

R
Gecko
Gecko
R
My mom and her side had German, Irish, Welsh and Dutch. My dad and his side had Irish, English, and Scottish.

I listen to Celtic music a lot and am drawn to "old tyme" religion.

Last edited by Robin Crime Editor; 03/10/08 07:16 PM.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Belly dancing, Heather? That should be a great exercise! Sounds like fun.

I found out just this last summer that my roots go back to Charlemaigne, Holy Roman Emperor and King of the Francs. I was very excited when I found that out - but it does not make that much differnce in my personality - well, maybe I stand a little taller. A friend asked me if when I get cut, do I bleed blue? Other ancestors are Irish, Norwegian, Dutch, German and Spanish Basque.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Gecko
Gecko
Phyllis, you reminded me that I should have mentioned I also have some Native American ancestry - my great-grandmother was allegedly full-blood Cherokee, although they went to great lengths to hide that fact so there is no proof. Only a couple of photos, and my mom, brother and I all have the tooth thing (which I learned about from reading Bella!).

Hi Tbunny - you can go to my home page and look under 'geneaology' for some research sites to trace your lineage. Any names, dates, birth places you can come up with will help a lot in going back in history. I did this thru ancestry.com and found my roots back to Charlemaigne on my mother's maternal side of the family. There are sites that specialize in Native American ancestry.

Which "tooth thing"? The scoop tooth? Which article on Bella did you read about this? I would like to read it, too. This is interesting to me because I have been doing research on archaeology findings - like the "spirit man" found in a cave in Grimes Point, NV.

Last edited by Phyllis NatAmEd; 03/12/08 10:34 AM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
My fathers side is French, my mothers side is German n English

Rosie L
Parakeet
Parakeet
Phyllis..I think we might be related..Old King Charlemagne was one of my ancestors too.. so I'm French, German (Teutonic), Welsh, English, Scottish, Irish..All on Mom's side..Then on Dad's side we are Scotch, Danish, Welsh, English, Irish and Wampanoga (American Indian)..Whew..Does that make me a mutt or what..??..lol !! laugh

shootingstar123

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you.
Gecko
Gecko
lol This reminds me of the episode of The Office called "Diversity Day" and Michael, the boss, has everyone tell what heritage they are. Michael says he is Irish, Scotch, English and "2/15th" Native American Indian.

Heather J. Hasan
Chinese Culture Editor & CC Forum Moderator
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Sarah - English Culture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.