logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Regulars know that my immediate co-worker's wife is going to have a baby (her/their first). The baby shower announcement/invitation was announced this morning: March 14th (next Friday).

I was not planning on going anyway -- but here is the situation:

When I got a new TV in January of this year, the delivery of that TV was scheduled for whatever day. That day happened to be the day of the first office-members baby shower. Now I thought that was a coincidence.

We also ordered in advance, a TV calibration (it is a high end 52" LCD TV) to optimize the colors, stereo system setup, etc. It is one of the things we always wanted for the living room, so we finally got it at a good price. In any case, the date for the setup of the calibration was scheduled for, back in January.... drum roll please....

March 14th!

I had that day planned to be off in advance already, 6 weeks ago. So..... coincidence of coincidences, getting this TV set has gotten me off legitimately from attending baby showers. Woo hoo smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
Gecko
Gecko
P
YAY! Everyone knows that TV's are better than babies. whistle

Childfree? Join us at www.thechildfreelife.com.
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Advantages a TV has over a baby:

1. It has a mute button.
2. You can turn it off when you're done with it.
3. You don't have to pay people to watch it when you're gone.
4. If what comes out of it is unintelligible poppycock, you can change the channel.
5. If you yell at it, it doesn't scream back.
6. If it goes bad, you can always get a new improved model.

K
Shark
Shark
K
Wow, how did you luck out like that twice?! Love your list. Can I add one?

7. Remote control allows you to easily take care of it without touching it, picking it up, etc.

the only thing i want to parent is my great dane!
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I have no idea -- but I'll take it. I would have had to have taken a long lunch that day anyways if I hadn't had that happen. Hehehe smile

Re: the list, I just made up that list on the spur of the moment. Please, feel free to add to the list if you feel so inspired smile

Parakeet
Parakeet
That's hilarious and REALLY lucky, Duane! Love the list, too!

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
C
Shark
Shark
C
Wow Duane...That TV has been quite the good luck charm smile Glad you lucked out! The list you started is great!!

How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?
-- Plato --
V
Amoeba
Amoeba
V
Congrats on your lucky tv- Hope it brings you years of high definition electronic joy!

I am the shadow of a waxwing slain...
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Re: the list, when I see a subject that can be turned into humor, I'll go for it, thusly I did. smile

For the good luck charm aspect of it, if I knew it would give me such more good luck, I'd have gotten it a lot earlier smile

<techie geek mode on>
Techie details on the TV: 52" SONY Bravia LCD, very good color -- everything rocks with it. It replaced a 4 year old 52" RCA rear projection TV that was washing out after time. We've always wants a GOOD TV and stereo system, so we got some Klitch speakers (had them wall mounted as well), a 12" subwoofer (which we just got last night), a nice modern steel and glass TV stand, a good Sony receiver, and the upcoming professional audio-visual calibration this Friday, and it is like Wow! Watching HDDVD movies, Blu-ray movies, and DirecTV on this rocks! If you have never seen Cars in HD, you have to.... This is the dream theater setup DW and I have wanted for the past 11 years, so we finally got it!
<techie geek mode off>

And it got me away from having to deal with two baby showers too smile hehehe

C
Shark
Shark
C
That sounds like one awesome setup! I'm jealous..ha ha smile

How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?
-- Plato --
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.