Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
We finally watched it so I can read this thread!! Yes it was SO impressive that both women did so well. When we saw the men weighing in I was amazed they had lost over 10 pounds each in a single week, I thought there was NO way the women could do that. And then Ali got below my weight!!!

That was just amazing. It's like, if SHE can lose over 10 pounds in just one week, I should be able to, right? Not that it is easy of course - but it means all of us have that capability within us if we really did want to work that hard at it.

It did seem unfair to "lessen" their victory like that by telling them they didn't get to vote. They were all so thrilled and psyched at winning, and then they seemed really let down ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I don't know, I thought they seemed relieved that they didn't have to make that awful choice.
So which guy will you vote to keep?

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
It wasn't an awful choice though - both of them knew immediately who they wanted to get rid of! There was no question in their mind smile

I don't think I'm going to vote - I don't like companies having my phone number and such, and they require that for voting. I am very much anti-phone smile

Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I agree on lots of things here. They did seem really let down about not being able to make their own vote, when they had so earned it. And Jillian seemed upset too. And Mark. So everyone but Roger and Bob were bummed. :-)

The girls and Jillian want Roger off, no question about that. If you read Jillian's recap, above, she comes...this close...to telling people who to vote for. lol. I bet she was showing a lot of restraint, for her. smile

I used an old phone number myself when i voted. it's none of their business what my cell number is and that's the only number I have. What if I didn't have a phone? So i'd say don't put in your number Lisa, but still try to vote. Maybe they will accept it with no number filled in at all.

And when I first saw the guys losing 15 and 12 pounds, I really thought it was all over for the girls. You could see in Kelly's eyes she thought she was out for sure. But then the girls beat them BOTH. I was screaming, literally, in my house. I was screaming and crying and Jillian sank to the ground in utter shock and relief.

It's been a very emotional season for them all and for us watching.

About how to lose ten pounds in one week, keep in mind they are working out daily for 6 hours. And eating a calorie-controlled diet high in healthy foods, with no junk at all. And it's all doctor supervised with, i hear, lots of blood tests and monitoring. So i would never recommend anyone at home look to lose those amounts! For people at home i would count 1-2 pounds a week quite an achievement. smile

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Oh right definitely someone shouldn't randomly go out and try to lose 12 pounds on their own. That's a bit extreme! But if they can do 12 pounds in that situation, we can definitely lose 2 or 3 if we eat healthy and work out an hour or two a day. It means it's in the realm of "good possibility" smile

I think I mentioned that sometimes during my dancing I push myself harder on a song and imagine Jillian is there shouting me on smile

It's so great that the girls were able to do that "on their own" without her there - it is great for their future weight management!

Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I love that you are hearing Jillian yell at you. I bet that would make Jillian very proud! smile

It really bodes well that everyone did so well on BL sans trainers. They have the info now to carry this on for the rest of their lives, one hopes. They can also probably hear Jillian yelling at them too. smile

Last edited by Jilly; 04/10/08 11:55 PM.
Zebra
Zebra
So, does anyone else hope Roger makes it to the finals instead of Mark?

I thought Roger was cute this week. And, I think he deserves to be there, but I'm betting Mark will beat him out.

I do hope Ali wins overall, though.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I don't really have a point of view about which guy makes it in - I do strongly feel that one of the women should win smile I do think it should be Ali but she is SO slim right now (less than me, I keep thinking!!) I can't see how she could lose more weight. I have to wonder if that's my internal prejudice talking.

Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I am feeling very hopeful that Ali will be The One, as Jillian said (she's like Neo, lol). Her drive and metabolism seems to be the right combination. Poor Brittney had the drive but not the metabolism, for example. Ali obviously looks slender, buff and toned, with no weight left to lose...but she could just go underweight to win it, and then return to her perfect weight (which she seems to be at) after the finale.

(In contrast, i think mark is already underweight!)

I am in totally Kelly's court though. She DOES have the weight still to lose. Plus, this has been so amazing in the sense that no one thought she could do this. SHE never thought she could do it. Even Jillian said she thought Kelly would be gone by Week 2. I just have really grown to admire her hanging-in-there tenacity, and it's amazing to see how far this woman has come. She did GREAT in the triathlon.

I loved seeing them all wear their old "fat suits" and shed them off to go racing up the hillside with those flags to plant them on that point overlooking the boundless ocean. How powerful/symbolic is THAT!

I do think Ali can win this. I want to see Ali win. She makes me hope a woman, after 5 years, can actually do this. That it's NOT the largest guy in the house for once.

But I am so darned happy for Kelly, as the scrappy, overlooked underdog. Seeing her beat both the guys last week was just a stunning achievement. And I think a lot of viewers feel inspired - that if an older lady can stick this out so far and so long, so can we all. smile

Last edited by Jilly; 04/11/08 03:23 AM.
M
M
I really hope Roger makes it to the final three. I love him! I think he is so sweet.

I would be happy to see a woman win this season but I can't decide if I want Kelly or Ali to win.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.