logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
You can decide on the types of desserts you want to be informed about. I have been posting some new recipes on the website. I would like to know if I am on the right track in providing everyone with the dessert information you want to hear about.

Chef Shelley R. Pogue
Desserts Editor
Always enjoy your sweets
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
Even though I am pro a healthy lifestyle I also believe in everything in moderation and when it comes to dessert prefer full blown sugar recipes :-)

Jill Valente
Healthy Foods
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Key Lime, you are my hero! I will try the fat free soon and see what I think.

Fat free is always good. Depending on the dessert it is a toss up for me on the sugar. I don't like them as sweet, even sugar in my coffee is too sweet, but a sweet dessert with a mildly sweetened coffee...well yum then.

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I have to agree with Jill - when it comes to dessert full sugar recipes! I would rather have smaller serving than lower fat/lower sugar dessert - they never seem the same when modified.

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I'd like to see all kinds too. We usually have low sugar desserts at home but I love to make fancy desserts for special occasions or holidays. I don't see anything wrong with splurging once in a while either.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
LOL see I go the opposite way. I have weaned myself off of sugar so I just don't enjoy a high sugar dessert. I would much rather go for a natural dessert like something with fresh raspberries, or maybe a cheese platter. Dark chocolate has lots of antioxidants and little sugar.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Zebra
Zebra
Hi, Shelley,

Any new "lower carb" dessert ideas? Lisa has ice cream and some others on her low carb site here, but I was wondering if you had any ideas for all of us trying to lose weight by cutting down on sweets & starches?

And, I'm interested in smaller portions, too--I live alone now and making a whole anything sweet is just asking for me to eat it all! LOL

H
Koala
Koala
H
I'm trying to find more lower-carb desserts, too.

Healthier versions of "real" desserts are iffy... sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I'm not a fan of substitute sugars or artificial ingredients, and sometimes lower-carb flours have a terrible texture! (Rice flour -- BLECK! LOL!) Usually i'd rather just cut back on the sugar and eat a smaller piece than have a dessert with artificial or inferior ingredients. So i guess i'd like to eat more fruit desserts and light desserts, but if i get a craving for cheesecake, some "healthy" version with geletin and artificial sweetener is NOT going to do!... to be honest, i wouldn't even want to eat it! But i've found things like substituting pumpkin puree for oil and egg in chocolate cake... I love that!!! It's so moist and pleasant!

What do others think?

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I've found that when I have a MAJOR craving for something sweet, eating a small portion of something of good quality (like a truffle from Godiva) satisfies that craving a lot more than cheaper stuff (like a Hershey's bar).

But, chocolate is not a great example, because there are some really good sugar free ones out there - Russel Stover's sugar free chocolates (especially the french mint) are very good.

But like you were saying about the cheesecake - it's much more satisfying to get a really good piece and share it with my husband than to get a low fat or low sugar version and feel cheated - and then I'm still left with a craving - sometimes an even worse one.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
H
Koala
Koala
H
hahahaha! I'm glad i'm not the only one who's not crazy about Hershey's, i was afraid i was being "un-American," lol. laugh

One thing that i did that has worked wonderfully was i purchased half-sized cake and cheesecake pans, and all the dessert recipes i use i converted to half-sized recipes. Usually when i get a craving, i'm satisfied with much less and i don't want the extra stuff hanging around tempting me. Even like birthday cakes or having company over... a lot of times if i make half a recipe, everyone gets a slice but we eat up the whole cake so there are no leftovers.

Well, we probably all have a favorite dessert (favorite downfall, lol). What is it, and do you usually make your favorite dessert, or do you usually buy it? (i'm asking everyone).

C
Zebra
Zebra
C
For low fat, I like to put a serving of fat free, chocolate pudding in the freezer, let it thaw slightly and add a tablespoon of whipped cream. I suppose I could do without the whipped cream, but it makes the dessert seem more indulgent and satisfying.

My favorite full blown sugar dessert at the moment is the Key Lime Pie from Bonefish Grill. It is amazing!

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
D
Shark
Shark
D
Sugar...And a Key Lime Pie recipe. Even better, Key Lime Cheesecake.

C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I LOVE Key lime pie and best of all, it's easy to make. I always bring a bottle of Key lime juice back with me from Key West and make a pie for any occasion.
I tried a new wrinkle last month and it was very successful. When the pie shell and filling came out of the oven I put a layer of chocolate chips on it and then spread the meringue over and put it back to bake the rest of the way. Yum!
Everything is better with chocolate!
BTW, I use fat-free sweetened condensed milk in the recipe and feel very virtuous.

D
Shark
Shark
D
Claybird,
Is it the Nellie and Joe's Key Lime Juice with the recipe on the bottle?
Thanks

Koala
Koala
I bake/make most sweets with a 50/50 split of sugar and Splenda. Of course, the combo doesn't work with all products. Sometimes I use more sugar than Splenda; and sometimes I use pure Splenda. I don't like baking with Sweet N Low (aftertaste).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Karen - Desserts 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.