logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Tiger
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Megan_Embroidery
My fave Captain is Picard, without a doubt. He was more of a leader. My father always used to say that Picard realised that his position was more than personal aggrandisement - Kirk wanted to always be in on the action, whereas Picard knew that he was more valuable on board ship, rather than with the away party.

Both, however, did have the necessary nerve needed for a leader in that situation, and they both listend to advisors, but always made their own decision. Picard, though, is more distant from his crew than Kirk, and also seems more "human".

Really, cause I remember Picard leaving the deck unnecesarily many times to be in the thick of things when in fact he should have stayed with the ship and provided leadership. But then I guess we wouldn't have as interesting of stories.

What year did the Borg thing happen? I wonder if that accounts for Picards emotional distance from his crew.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
Picard played by Patrick Stewart......his looks, that voice....

As far as being leaders....well - each had his own style and it worked for them.

N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
Originally Posted By: M o e
It's impossible not to like Picard I think and when I see him in anything else (like X-men) he's still Picard.

I agree. smile

I have to go with Picard as my fave. Kirk is a close second, though.

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Picard had this almost james bondesque feel to him - so smooth, and debonaire. You knew who was in control of his ship!

But kirk was really hot back in the old days. Its so easy to foget how good looking he was given all the spoofs and remakes over the years - but he was a nice to look at.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Shark
Shark
OMG Moe-- the U Tube of Shatner!!! When the third Shatner appeared I had tears. That was great. Oh, but he was good looking back then. I enjoy watching him now on Boston Legal. He's still got something special.

And Riker married Laura from General Hospital? Where have I been? Has Riker been in anything since Star Trek?

Tiger
Tiger
It looks like he's doing more directing than acting these days:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Parakeet
Parakeet
Picard, by far. Smooth and calm, with more humanity than Kirk. Don't think that I don't like Kirk..I grew up on Kirk and TOS -- they still kick butt for something done in the late 60s.

I like Kirk the best, the older episodes the better. I love the old Star Trek shows. But Picard is right behind him.

Cheril Vernon
Specialty Channels
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
The Rocketman thing is hilarious - and then there was a spoof of that by The Family Guy -

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
And I assume you guys have all seen Leonard Nemoy / Spock with his Ballad of Bilbo Baggins? smile

Last edited by Lisa Low Carb Ed; 03/01/08 07:18 AM.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Gillian ClassicalMusic 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.