logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
T
I don't wear concealer, though I should. I've never found one I like. Either they are too light, highlight fine wrinkles or irritate my eyes.

You did what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better. - Maya Angelou
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Shark
Shark
B
It really depends where im going if its work just mascara and gloss, if its a night on the town full blown makeup foundation, powder, bluch...the works!

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
When I was a teen to 20s I would never go out without a fair amount of makeup on - foundation, eyeshadow, lipstick etc. But now that I'm in my late 30s I literally never wear makeup. I am the way I am and I just go out this way. If someone doesn't like how I look, I'm not too concerned about it smile Usually I just toss my hair back in a ponytail too smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
I think the natural look is beauty of its own.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Jordan had her first cheer competition of the season about 2 weeks ago, and I did the full makeup thing- did my nails in her team colors and everything.

One of the other moms goes, "You look really good! I'm glad to see you're feeling so much better."

I just started laughing. This team mom had literally never seen me with makeup on. Half the time I show up at practice with my slippers on, LOL!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Shark
Shark
Regarding what Harmony said -- I've noticed that if people are used to seeing you with makeup, they comment that you look tired if they see you without it.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I must look asleep smile smile

Low Carb Forum
Shark
Shark
Lisa -- you don't look asleep to me! smile And besides, the "you look tired" comment seems to be evoked only for people who usually wear makeup and look markedly different without it.

I guess that's the allure of makeup; it can make you look so different so easily -- it's hard to resist.

I have often pondered why I use makeup. I love the artwork involved and it is easy but it would be nice to be free of it. It seems that the underlying reason is that it makes me feel protected. By hiding my flaws and looking polished, I feel I will be: 1)treated more respectfully by others and 2)protected from possible insults.

Statistically, it is true that attractive people are treated more favorably by others. A firefighter even told me once that people that are attractive are more likely to be saved first! Also, I feel that if I look nice, no one could ever say to me: "What are you looking at, you ugly dog!" That may seem strange but as I write that down, I recall that a boy actually said that to me when I was a teen as he was passing by in a car. Oh well, I guess those old hurts don't heal easily...

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Wow, it is amazing the things that happen to us when we're young that really stick with us!

When I was in first grade I was the youngest in the class - my parents had skipped me over kindergarten because I was a very good reader. So the other girls used to push me in a corner and call me "baby Waller" (my maiden name). Kids can be rather mean smile

If makeup makes you happy and safe, then go for it! smile

Low Carb Forum
J
Koala
Koala
J
When we lived in a small town, I never went out without make-up because there it was true-you never knew who you might run into-from someone you knew in first grade to an old boyfriend.

Now that we've moved to a big city and I don't know anybody, I go out with out make up and in my sweats if I need to. I never see anybody I know out and about here.

I guess as I've gotten older too, sometimes make up just doesn't seem worth spending time on-big change in priorities. I remember looking at photos of myself taken about 15 years ago with a friend. I was all made up and looked nice. She said "Oh look at you, you must have been getting ready to go someplace!" What I didn't tell her is that I always used to look like that-lol.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.