Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#383012 02/28/08 11:55 AM
B
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
B
Have you taken the Real Age quiz? I loved it because it showed me at about 6 years younger than my chonological age-lol.

It asks lots of questions about your health, vitamins you take, if you have pets, etc and either adds years or subtracts. It also gives you a report at the end as to how you can subtract more years.

Real Age Quiz

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Zebra
Zebra
C
My real age was about 3 years younger. I liked the report that tells you what you can do to subtract more years. Very helpful site.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
Tiger
Tiger
This was interesting. I was 1.6 years younger than my age.

B
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
B
Glad you liked it! I'm trying to do things to improve my health and it was interesting the things they asked-like if you have a pet and about how social you are. Things you might not think of.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Mine was about 5 years younger - I was a bit concerned about the detail of the questions. They could do quite a bit of social profiling, as they now know your exact birthdate, your email address, your income, the prescription medications you take, the age of your children, etc. etc. etc. ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
J
Koala
Koala
J
I took that test probably 2 years ago and didn't really think about the profiling aspect. I didn't notice any increase in spam or junk mail tho and I don't think they sell their listings.

S
S
it shows me 2 years younger

S
S
seems that it shows younger for everybody

I hate to be the one to break the cycle, but i came up 9.8 years older then what i am ;o(

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I came up higher also. That is from years of smoking (I quit last year) but added a lot of weight in the process which did not help the score.

ALLISON Congrats on giving up smoking, i know from smoking friends how hard that can be,I don't smoke but i added on points for other bad habits

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I came out with 9.1 years younger than I am. - Yay! I was surprised since my exercise time is way down to almost nothing. If I get back into a routine, I'll be back into my 40's. smile

Way to go Lynne,

Rosie L
S
S
Originally Posted By: skyhaven
I hate to be the one to break the cycle, but i came up 9.8 years older then what i am ;o(

hope it makes a mistake

S
S
Originally Posted By: Lynne Chapman
I came out with 9.1 years younger than I am. - Yay! I was surprised since my exercise time is way down to almost nothing. If I get back into a routine, I'll be back into my 40's. smile

you are so lucky!

Koala
Koala
I think those test are way to biased. they count off way to much for not being the ideal weight which to me has nothing to do with health! they also count off for smoking way to much. I took the test a few years back and put in different info for the no exercise bad eating habit but thin non smoker and well off money wise I came out being 10 yrs younger then my age but a smoking, over weight low income but exercises every day lots of great eating habits lots of water blah blah blah I came out 35 years older then what I was....the same basic info was used on both except the weight. the age gender and all that I didnt change. I also did a mix of info it was interesting.

What does income, smoking and weight have to do with anything?

J
Koala
Koala
J
I just took the test again this past week and I came up 12 years younger this time. Guess the fact that I've been making lots of healthy changes the past few years has been paying off.

I noticed that they do give you recommendations on ways to trim off the years so if you came up higher.

Thats great Joan, keep up the good work

Rosie L
B
Koala
Koala
B
I took it and it said I was about my same age and then did it a bit differently and I was a few years younger. When you get on their mailing list they send you something daily and it is a bit too much.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
J
Koala
Koala
J
You can probably unsubscribe from that. I've only been getting something about once a week.

I figure if I keep making healthy changes, maybe I'll end up back at 21 again!

Parakeet
Parakeet
I came out at three and a half years older. I wasn't surprised by that. I'm a smoker with a stressful financial life, family problems, and osteoarthritis.

On the other hand...
*Owning a cat did not effect my score. It was recommended I get a dog. I don't want a dog. I don't have the space, time or money for a dog. Also, I thought the emotional health benefits of having a dog applied to cats, too...
*My weight was a huge issue in my overall score. But the score for weight was based on BMI, which doesn't work well for big boned, very muscular people like myself. My score was pretty skewed by that.
*I eat red meat more than once per week and I don't eat fish. Apparently, everyone is supposed to eat multiple servings of fish each week as a primary source of pretty much everything veggies can't provide. Personally, I'd rather starve than eat fish. Ugh.
*I don't eat breakfast. I'm one of those people who is completely turned off to food until I've been up a couple of hours, had a shower, some coffee, and time to get mentally awake. By that time, I'm on my way to work and I end up fasting until lunch. It's been this way since my Mom gave up forcing me to eat breakfast, 15 years ago. There's little hope for me on that part of the score.

I think by the time I answered the food questions, I had been classified as hopeless! lol

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Moss - Nutrition Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.