Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#382281 02/27/08 12:01 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I had a ghost dream last night. Now I believe the dream I had last night was really a symbolic dream, but I've also had dreams where I feel like I'm being visited by a real ghost.

Anyone else ever have ghost dreams?

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I have had several dreams where a loved one from the past, long passed on, has revisited me to give me an important message and I never ignore their messages for they have always pointed me in the right direction.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Let me start out by saying this has never happened to me before!

I had a dream two nights ago about a fiery truck accident on a highway near where I live. The night we went to sleep, the weather was uneventful, warmer. It felt like I was being communicated with more than a dream really. I was able to see the injuries because the coroner bags were clear and I remember hearing static from all the cell phones calling in the accident.

I shared the dream with my fiance the next morning. When we went to the window it was like a winter wonderland! We both looked at eachother in silence but he got to work without incident, thank goodness smile

By night the roads were cleared but he was 2-hrs late. He finally phoned and said there was a major accident 2 towns over on the highway and he was stuck. He couldn't see the vehicles though but he could see 9 police cars and a bunch of rescue trucks.

So, if that wasn't wierd enough this morning around 4 am I woke straight up in bed and was someone else. All I said was, "I have a head injury. I'll be o.k." I don't know if anyone has ever had a concussion but it felt like that, not a headache but a buzzing blow with some sharp topical pain.

It only lasted a few seconds, but I couldn't go back to sleep. It freaked me out.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Parakeet
Parakeet
So, Karen are you a clairvoyant yourself? Your dream sounds like a true clairvoyant dream!

I've had many lucid dreams that ended up manifesting in the "real" world. I don't think I've ever had a ghost dream though!

Shay

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Hi Shay

Yes, it's been that way since I can remember. It was terrifying growing up. Lucid was the word I was looking for when I was writing the last post. That's how I can tell the differnce between the dreams that I do have. I've only started talking about it in the past 4 yrs. here on Bella. It was hard is all I can say. I'd look at the articles and just shake my head like, "If anyone else were to read this..." and of course i knew they would be. T.v series make it look so neat and there are some cool aspects but, hmmmmm

The spirit/ghost dreams have personalities, I guess you'd say, like the rest of us smile but it's kind of like, "o.k. now what do you guys want me to do what you just showed me." The hardest part is just waiting and pushing them out and getting on w/everyday business, you know?

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Shark
Shark
Hi Deanna,

What do you mean by a ghost dream? Is it a dream of someone who is dead or did it feel like a scary, haunting presence? I think it sounds like you mean a dream of someone who has died.

I think dreams are usually symbolic, however, I do believe in 'visitations'. I had one such dream (visitation) several years ago. I've had other dreams of seeing people who have died or talking to them in dreams, but the visitation dream had a completely different feeling, tone, and even the subject matter was very different.

I think that it is up to the dreamer to decide what these dreams are for herself. I think that one knows best about one's dreams. I think that we all, myself included, need help interpreting our dreams sometimes because we're often so close to the situation we can't see it clearly. But I think that if one feels like one had a visit from someone on the other side, one should trust that feeling.

I think it is often difficult for people to trust their own instincts. I read tarot cards and for people and I cannot tell you how many times I hear, "That's what I've been thinking" or "I thought that's what was going on". I think many people have incredible intuitive instincts but our culture either doesn't place much value on them or doesn't teach people to develop and trust their so many people don't trust what they already know.

Of course, I don't mean you, Deanna! You've got plenty intuition and trust of it going on!

Shark
Shark
Hi Karen,

Headaches or a buzzing feeling can be related to OBE's or lucid dreaming.

Have you ever considered (and you probably have grin) that you may be travelling astrally? When you say you are lucid, do you have any control over the dreams or are you just aware that you are dreaming? An interesting thing that happens to me is that normally when I have a lucid dream it occurs as the result of a nightmare. I believe this is because when I have nightmares I become more aware that I am dreaming and need to wake myself up. However, sometimes before I reach waking life I wake up in the dream instead and those are the dreams that are just amazing! Being awake in a world without limits is unbelievable. I'm wondering if something similar is happening to you -- that perhaps your dreams are really trying to wake you up.

What I'm getting at here is that if you can become more aware in your dream you can take control over it and perhaps then it won't be quite so frightening.

However, this doesn't mean I don't believe in prophetic dreams. I do because I've had them. An interesting thing about prophecy though is that in the original meaning of the word, prophecy meant that something happened because the prophet made it happen. In other words, it was actually the prophet, by virtue of her power of words who brought events into being. In fact, there used to be a custom of "ducking" if a prophet hurled a curse at you with the hope that the words would fly over your head.

I think that learning to become more aware in dreams is a part of learning to become more aware in waking life.

Last edited by Aisling Dream Girl; 02/27/08 06:50 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Aisling,

This particular dream was a scary, haunting presence. And I do believe it was a symbolic dream, considering everything that's going on in my personal life wink

I have had dreams where I was visited by a spirit, or even an angel, and they do have a totally different feel.

I do agree that it's sometimes hard for people to trust their own instincts. I have a problem in that area, especially where the message is particularly good LOL. I had a dream once that an angel visited with me... the feeling of the dream was SOOO different than a normal dream. Even the colors were different. And I had a hard time believing that it could be more than a dream.

What great learning experiences dreams are!!! We are SOOOO lucky!

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Wow, I have never had a lucid dream. It sounds amazing yet a little scray at the same time.

I have a few dreams where my father has visited me in, he passed awat when I was 15.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Shark
Shark
Hi Deanna,

Here's a link to a ghost article I wrote that may or may not be helpful:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Tiger
Tiger
I have a recurring ghost dream that appears every few weeks or so. They are not anyone I recognize and there is a certain amount of fear or uneasiness during the dream. I often feel out of sorts afterwards. I guess creeped out. Sometimes I will even force myself to wake up because I'll feel confined or cornered by them within the dream.

I have had ghosts of former pets, or other people's pets, visiting me. Has anyone else had this experience? I had been awakened one night by the feeling of my little Silky Terrier jumping up on my bed and cuddling up behind my back like he always did when he was alive. It did not frighten me, because I knew what it was, but, if it had not been my dog, I think I would have been frightened.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Tiger
Tiger
Reading your description Phyllis made me think of a hag 'dream' I had years ago. I felt like I was awake. There was this pressure on my chest from an old hag sitting there pressing down on me. I tried calling for my DH but I couldn't speak or move. Then she was suddenly gone and I could breath and move again.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Aisling,

What a gorgeous dream you had! Do you ever try to go back to that?? I just had the most yummy feeling all over when I read that dream! It sounds like you had an initiation smile

Thanks for the link. I really enjoyed the article... in fact, I read the two articles referenced in the first article too smile

I can definately say I've dreamt about my shadow (last night's dream included). One time I dreamt I was trying to open a locked door. Then I realized that something on the other side was too scary, and it was trying to get out. So I went from trying to open the door to trying to keep it closed. Then Dana Scully (from the x-files) showed up to help me. How clear could that be... a paranormal investigator coming to my rescue LOL!!!

Years back when I began studying shamanism, I used to have OBEs where I would meet these scary creatures. I went through a period of a couple of months where I felt like I was being tested constantly. Finally, I got it figured out and it stopped.

And I've had dreams where ghosts or spirits had come to visit me. One night my little boy (who was four at the time) came into my room in the middle of the night and said "Mommy, there's a grama lady in my room." So I got up, took his hand and walked him back to his room. Imagine my surprise when I saw him already lying in bed. I realized we were both astral, and sure enough, there was the ghost of an old lady standing in his room. She'd just died, and had no idea she was dead.

Gosh, I could go on for hours! I LOVE dreaming!

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Karen, that is a trip! I've woken up seeing other people in my room - but I was never another person AGH!

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Phyllis D. Burns
I have had ghosts of former pets, or other people's pets, visiting me. Has anyone else had this experience? I had been awakened one night by the feeling of my little Silky Terrier jumping up on my bed and cuddling up behind my back like he always did when he was alive. It did not frighten me, because I knew what it was, but, if it had not been my dog, I think I would have been frightened.

Hi Phyllis, I've felt my dog come visit me. But I agree - I think if I were visited by a strange dog, I'd be a bit shaken.

Deanna Joseph

M o e #382753 02/28/08 01:01 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: M o e
I have a recurring ghost dream that appears every few weeks or so. They are not anyone I recognize and there is a certain amount of fear or uneasiness during the dream. I often feel out of sorts afterwards. I guess creeped out. Sometimes I will even force myself to wake up because I'll feel confined or cornered by them within the dream.

Some of my ghost dreams have been so scary that I get an adrenalin rush that wakes me up eek

Deanna Joseph

M o e #382756 02/28/08 01:04 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: M o e
Reading your description Phyllis made me think of a hag 'dream' I had years ago. I felt like I was awake. There was this pressure on my chest from an old hag sitting there pressing down on me. I tried calling for my DH but I couldn't speak or move. Then she was suddenly gone and I could breath and move again.

OMG - do you know that the old hag in folklore DOES THIS! There are stories of the spirit of a scary old woman that does this in several cultures.

When I first started communicating with the other side, I would have something come in the middle of the night and grab my leg. It was so scary that I couldn't breath, and I would be totally paralized! I started making a habit of calling in protection at bedtime (for me it was archangel Michael). It was SOOOO helpful.

Deanna Joseph

Tiger
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Bella_Deanna
OMG - do you know that the old hag in folklore DOES THIS! There are stories of the spirit of a scary old woman that does this in several cultures.

When I first started communicating with the other side, I would have something come in the middle of the night and grab my leg. It was so scary that I couldn't breath, and I would be totally paralized! I started making a habit of calling in protection at bedtime (for me it was archangel Michael). It was SOOOO helpful.

It only happened the one time (thank goodness) but it left a lasting impression. I can't remember what was going on in my life at that time.

M o e #383401 02/28/08 08:54 PM
Shark
Shark
I read that something like 80 percent of all people will experience sleep paralysis at some point in their lives. I've had it before and it is far less than pleasant!

I never went back to the walking on water dream but I think of it often. I've had several Jesus dreams in the past. My favorite one was one where it was Judgement Day. In the dream, Jesus was sitting on a tree stump at this crossroad in the town I grew up in. It was the crossroad that lead to my Aunt Grace's house. There was a huge line leading to Jesus and he was apparently asking people a question and depending on their response he would the send them either to the right (where my Aunt Grace lived) or to the left which I assume was not the way one wanted to go if you know what I mean!

Anyway, I got really nervous because I didn't know what the "right" answer was -- I didn't know what Jesus wanted to hear and I was terrified about the judgement. But then, as I got closer to him I looked up at the line and watched what was happening -- everyone, every single person, was sent to the right after they spoke to Jesus. I realized at that moment that everyone was right! Everyone was sent toward "Grace." I think about that dream often -- it gives me a great sense of peace.

Moe, "hag dreams" are really scary. I had one once where a hag was just crawling around my bed, waiting to pounce. Other times I have actually felt the pounce when she hit the bed. But, I am very alert and quick to respond so have not had any real problems getting rid of them.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
D
D
I was having a good dream, things were ok, and the next, I see a statue of St-Joseph staring at me. It kinda scared me, but didn't, one minute, the room was well lite, the next, it was dimed, like a spirit of a dark shadow passed by and stayed. You know what I mean, positive homes, clear and bright, but negative homes, feels heavy and dim( that's the best way I can explain it). In this dream it felt heavy and dim. Anyway, the statue of St-Joseph was staring at me, has a beautiful smile on his face, and as soon as this shadow goes by, and the room dimed down a bit, I look at the statue, and it had an evil look, with this menacing grin. I guess it scared me, that I woke up. I really didn't like that look on St-Joseph, and being a religious statue, I couldn't beleive I would dream such a thing.
I tried to figure what this dream meant, but because of the religious statue of St-Joseph, I really didn't want to think about it.

drauto2 #433754 07/08/08 01:22 AM
R
R
Okay, this thread sparked my interest that I just had to sign up. Before I get to the dreams part I�ll fill in a few gaps. I�m a 29 year old female living in Indiana, USA. I can remember having paranormal experiences and what I refer to as �prediction� dreams as young as 8. Early teens a Ouija contact said I�d be a medium when I got older. Early 20�s I have rare occasions where I experience in 3�s that catch my attention to warn of a future incident (i.e. 3 fire trucks, 3 days in a row on way to work 3rd sighting had a fire at work, I knew when I saw the first one that I needed to be paying special attention). I�ve started doin some internet reading recently trying to find guidance on controlling/improving what I know I can do & some other �paranormal� stuff.
Now to the dreams. I�ve never really read up on this kind of subject so I was surprised when I saw this question
�When you say you are lucid, do you have any control over the dreams or are you just aware that you are dreaming?�
Aisling Dream Girl #382466 - 02/27/08 03:50 PM

As far as I can remember I�ve always had power over the choices I make in dreams and maybe 50 percent or better I know I�m dreaming, I�ve even had ones where people around me were in danger and I told them not to worry that I was having a dream and that I�ll be waking up soon at which point I proceed to stop what�s causing the danger to the others. I dream in color, I can remember smells, tastes and textures, I�ve even felt the moment of decapitation at exactly my eyebrow line in a car accident in one dream (I woke up as soon as I felt the top of my head depart and in awake state my whole head from eyebrow line up felt like your foot does when it falls asleep all tingly n stuff). I�ve been visited by Jesus in one dream and several times by my mother and grandma where at the end of family ones I always get to the reality part where we hug and cry and tell each other how much we miss each other. I�m lost on weather I�m an abnormal dreamer, do some people just sit back and watch their dream and have no part in choices or changing it, no use of 5 senses?

My second thing I had to comment on was to this part of an entry:

I can definitely say I've dreamt about my shadow (last night's dream included). One time I dreamt I was trying to open a locked door. Then I realized that something on the other side was too scary, and it was trying to get out. So I went from trying to open the door to trying to keep it closed. Then Dana Scully (from the x-files) showed up to help me. How clear could that be... a paranormal investigator coming to my rescue LOL!!!
Bella_Deanna #382729 - 02/27/08 11:21 PM

I�ve had one similar enough to that I had to read yours twice. It�s a dream that happens quite often. The tone is always the same but the location usually changes. It�s always indoors, there are generally people there who belong to that location but I approach a door to a room then check to make sure they�re not watching me at which point I mentally move the door open (can�t remember the term for it). I usually do it a few times for fun but when I go to another door of an emotionally �dark� room I try to open it with my mind but I�m battling something on the other side pushing it. I usually end up getting it open and going in where I can feel the thing wants to get back at me for intruding. I have something I have to get done in there though so I try to make it quick and usually make several trips (thinking if I don�t stay long it won�t get too mad). Each time out I end up forcefully having to pull the door closed again and by the time I�ve finished my task in that room I�ve successfully ticked off what was in there and it comes out of the room where I have to keep sending it back (again with mental powers). There were a coupla times in this dream on different nights that I was caught moving the door without touching it at which point I had to explain the whole I was dreaming thing and oh yeah there�s a ticked off ghost in that room that wants out cause I moved stuff around so I�m just holdin the door closed.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I have had all sorts of these dreams. I have seen past pets. Had momentary deja vue dreams, where I dream a snippet of something and it occurs up to 6 months later.

I have definitely had quite a few Hag dreams, one that sticks out tho is where I felt that the presence was definitely MALE. All I could see was a 4-5' shadow standing near the bed, while I lay there paralyzed and unable to speak. I think I even broke a sweat mentally telling myself to wake up and that it was just sleep paralysis.

A few times at my then boyfriends, now husbands, apartment I had the sensation of someone touching me or getting onto the bed. These were usually early morning and I had my back to the door, facing Donovan, so it wasn't him who sharply poked me in my shoulder blade or who came in and put a knee on the bed like they were leaning over us. Later that day I even asked D if someone had come in to talk to him or something. (I had rationalized the last one as one of his roommates in my foggy state) He looked at me funny with his cocked eyebrow and said no. Then I had to explain myself and asked if anyone else had had such an experience.

It had to of been that house because I never had an issue in his Apt in VA or our apt in SC and definitely not here in our house.

In the waking hours I experience what some people call the 'shadowmen' where you think you just saw someone out of the corner of your eye.

Often times at my parents house I would see my rabbit duck in under a piece of furniture (he passed in 01 at 7) In grade school I used to feel my cat nose bonk my ankle like she would in life, and it was still cold and wet.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

P
P
I just wanted to thank Aisling Ireland for her ghost article. It is a good article. I have had some shadow looking people, in some of my dreams. They were scary at first, but I'm starting to figure out the dreams. One of the dreams I had, I was driving somewhere at night, and there was a shadow man next to me, in the passenger seat. He said "Do you think you can show me your place sometime". I just looked at him. then I woke up.

PattiJean #459106 10/13/08 08:31 PM
B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
B

The "Hag dreams" you are talking about are a very common part of night terrors, which are different from nightmares. They usually include a crushing feeling and a dream of something sitting on the chest... usually monsters etc. There is also paralysis involved. I think a google search would probably bring up plenty of info on them.
I had a friend who had them very often, to the point of interfering with his daily life. They usually feel very real to the point the person is not sure if it is a dream or if it really happened.

Bylen #459155 10/14/08 12:24 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Shortly after my Dad died, 23 years ago, he came to me in a dream. I knew I was dreaming, but I also knew I was talking to him.

He told me he couldn't come to me again because he only had a limited number of visits and he had to save the last one to visit my Mom on her birthday.

I never asked her about it because she was not a believer in such things and would have thought I was crazy. He also visited my daughter, his only granddaughter, in dreams. She was 8 when he died but they were very close and she still remembers the last dream because he told her he wouldn't come to her anymore because she didn't believe he was really there with her. It has bothered her all this time because she now knows he had really been there with her.

Shark
Shark
This is a very interesting dream in that it parallels a dream I after my grandfather died wherein he made some reference to my either having forgotten or not knowing all the things one had to do when one died. There was some kind of limitation thing he mentioned as well.

It makes me wonder if what really goes on when we die. Experiences like yours make me wonder if there is some kind of order that we don't know about, kind of like the stories of the white light that seem to share so much in common.

Lux,

Hello. I am new here as of today. I found a link to this site from google and I am very glad that I did. I think that I will be spending a lot of time here. =-)
Ok now to the question...first a little background. I only talked to my husbands father twice (once when I met him and once when he was in the hospital dying) and both of these were before we got married. We never had any deep and meaningful conversations. OK that said he appeared to me in a very disturbing dream last night. I don't remember too much of the rest of the dream, it was dark that is about it, when suddenly I saw a shape and got about a 2 second glimplse of him and then it was like he was blurred (you know when you see in movies that a space ship is coming out of warp speed or something and there is light coming from it?) and it was like he was trying to get my face, or get inside of me or something. I was freaked and trying to brush him away. He wouldn't leave and then I remember myself saying "What in Gods name is going on here"?! And suddenly he was gone. I was thanking God and Goddess and I woke up calling on angels and ancestors for protection for myself and my daughter.
Needless to say this dream has me quite freaked out. I would love an interpretation or just your thoughts.
Thanks all! Have a beautiful day!
Love and light...

goddess, just want to welcome you to the forum, and hope that you enjoy your stay!
Rosie

Rosie L
"Rosie" #462805 10/24/08 03:38 PM
Hello Skyhaven, thank you for the welcome. =-)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.