Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I LOVED the Brothers Grim movie that came out a couple of years ago - and would have to say it's one of my favorite folklore - turned movie stories. And Beowulf is now out on DVD, and it's supposed to be very good.

How about you? Any favorite legends made into a movie that you just adore!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
'Excalibur', an Arthurian book - movie was one of my favorites. Han Christian Anderson was another.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Oh I remember the Hans Christian Anderson movie... didn't that have Danny Kaye in it? I have such sweet childhood memories of that movie ---- watching it on a Saturday afternoon smile

I liked Excalibur, but I think I enjoyed Mists of Avalon more wink Of course, I love Julianna Margolis and thought she made a great Morgaine.

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

I would love to see "Mists of Avalon". I never knew they made a movie of that. I thought the book was awesome!!!

I have read all the books of Narnia and loved the movie, the first one - I did not see the second one.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Oooh.. the second one was very good too! In fact, I think I liked it the best smile

Deanna Joseph

I will just have to make sure I see the second Narnia. Is the Mists of Avalon movie available in DVD, do you think? I really want to see that.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Oh yes, Mists of Avalon is on DVD. I got it for Christmas a couple of years ago... it's fabulous - but you know to expect it's a bit different from the book wink I think if they were going to do the book justice, they'd have to make three, three-hour movies LOL!

Deanna Joseph

Well, Gone With The Wind was on two videos, a four hour movie. They had to do that to give it justice. I wish they could do that with Avalon. I am very anxious to see Avalon. I am not familiar with Julianna Margolis because I do not watch that many movies or hardly any TV.

Morgaine is one of my favorite legend characters. She is portrayed different in almost every Arthurian book I have read. Mists of Avalon was written from a woman's POV, though, so was kinder to Morgaine, the way I would like to think of her.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Oh I agree Phyllis, Morgaine's character in Mists was so powerful yet vulnerable too... she was so broken hearted over everything that happened and just wanted a little peace.

I have only read maybe three or four other retellings (Mary Stewart's Crystal Cave series being one) but Mists of Avalon is definitely my favorite. I also liked how they portrayed Gwenivere (sp??) I think all the women really did just have a hard time in that tale...

Deanna Joseph

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.