Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
Hello!

My husband and I went on a ghost walk in Charleston, S.C. for our honeymoon ten years ago. We had a great time, and learned some great 'haunted' facts about the buildings, homes, and restaurants there. We had so much fun!

Of course, as our guide was telling us this really scary story, a black cat happened to go MEOOOOWWWWW and ran through the middle of our group--every one jumped a mile, lol! (Well, laughing now, but not then).

It was such a fun memory, and one I hope to repeat (sigh...yes, even with the black cat). smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Brandii, that sounds like fun! What a cool thing to do for your honeymoon wink

I would love to go on a ghost walk. I wouldn't be too interested in going to a cemetary, but a haunted house would be fun.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
I think that would be fun. Are there companies that host these? Or maybe just individuals who give tours?

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Have you ever been to Winchester Mystery House in Campbell, CA? Now there's a ghost walk for you!!! Sylvia Brown has been there to guide the ghosts out. It is really something to see and experience.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I went to Winchester house as a kid. It wasn't scary though. Of course we were there in the middle of the day, and it was pretty crowded. I just remember having fun because my cousins were with us.

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Parakeet
Parakeet
One dark & steamy July night, a few of my friends and I decided to drive out in the country to see a "Real" haunted house..We were using my friends Convertible (top down)..Which made us more scared..and they told scary stories about the people who had lived in this "house"..The Husband was a scientist and he'd gone mad and chopped his wife's head off in a rage..She still walks looking for her head..Yikes..!!
When we arrived, we all held hands and proceeded to move our way through the house..It was ice cold in there..(and about 90 outside)..As luck would have it, I was the last one in the line..Suddenly, Somebody grabbed my shoulder..I turned around to see no one..I screamed and like a puff of smoke we all flew out of there..We were on top of each other trying to get back in the car..when someone said, "Look"..we all turned around and there was a figure in white slowly moving toward us..We hit the gas and flew out of there..That the the most frightening moment I've ever had..No more ghost hunts for me... eek

shootingstar123

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you.
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
That sounds like a really scary experience! I definately think any ghostbusting urge would fly out the window at that point.

Had you ever heard any stories of that house being haunted? Any local folklore legends about it?

Deanna Joseph

Parakeet
Parakeet
We have lots of so called "Haunted Houses" around this area..It was said that back in the early 1920's, there was a strange scientist who moved his young wife out to a remote spot away from anything or anyone..They were from Chicago and she was from a socialite lifestyle..He needed privacy because he was trying to find a cure for small pox..and there was just too much commotion in the city..He needed a place where he could concentrate..so he bought land near a swamp and moved his wife there..They were at least 30 miles from any human being..

Well, she couldn't handle being so confined..and alone so she pestered and nagged him night and day..He became more and more withdrawn..slowly loosing his mind..He started killing the farm animals for his experiments..He would run around with a axe..swinging it at everything in sight..Finally, she nagged him one time to many and he whacked her and cut her head right off..He used her blood in his experiments..He put her blood in big bottles..(we saw them the night we went there)..And he dragged her body out to the swamp and sunk it in the dirty water..She's still walking looking for her head..He finally went off the deep end and jumped out of the hay loft..ending his life..You can still see the outline of his body..where it hit the ground..
That's the legend..Creepy isn't it..?? I was skeptical about the story..but I became a true believer that night..!! eek And I'm never going back there again...

shootingstar123

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you.
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Oh my goodness! The bottles of blood are still there? Wow!

I am always looking for an adventure, and love to explore haunted houses. One time when I lived in New Mexico, a friend took me to this beautiful home in the middle of the desert. It had a wrap-a-round porch, and it was just in the middle of nowhere. It was abandoned. It was about midnight. When we walked up to the front door, and he opened it, I looked up and saw these two red eyes hovering in the air in front and above my head. I turned around and went back to the truck. We drove the hour back to the town where we lived and I went home. I lived by myself and owned no inside animals. I was lying in bed, when it started to vibrate. I lived close to railroad tracks, but there was no train and nothing else was vibrating in the room. I just kept lying there for about 2 hours pretending I was asleep and trying to figure out what to do when something gave two sharp tugs to my bedcovers!!!!!!! I jumped up and stood on the bed leaning over to turn on my bedside lamp. I leaped way far away from the bed and turned on the overhead light. I looked under the bed and all around and saw nothing. I ran through the house turning on all the lights. I found my Bible and started reading out loud and also saying that this is my house and it had better get out. I then went back to my bed, even though it was still vibrating and I put my Bible under my pillow and I went to sleep with my bed continuing to vibrate. The next morning, when I awakened (yes I actually fell asleep :)), it had stopped and didn't do it again.

Deena Budd
Paranormal
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Oh Yikes! I'm so glad I'm reading these posts in the early morning LOL!

I did dream about ghosts last night though! They were confined to this one room in a house, and I had to keep going in there for stuff. I had to keep telling them to knock it off, because they would do things like try to pull my dress over my head LOL.

Shootingstar, that's a horrific legend. And so gross!

Deena, that is so scary to think they'll follow you home! I guess that's something to keep in my when going on a ghost hunt.

Deanna Joseph

Parakeet
Parakeet
I'm sure glad nothing followed us back..!! Never thought of that.!!..I think I'd be doing a sage cleansing to move them on..!!
Oh..the bottles had brown rings in the bottom..Dried Blood..ugh!! eek

shootingstar123

B
B
I've just joined a paranormal investigation group in my area and have been on two investigations. Very interesting stuff. When you're actually trying to get EVP's and photos, it's really very boring sitting around. I've seen and heard some things, but nothing that would be concrete evidence of a haunting. But I'm looking forward to some exciting investigations coming up.

K
K
hello all im new here so i hope im doing this right....ive been to eastern state penn in philadelphia....awesome place i didnt take a tour i just walked through my self....though i did not see any ghosts...it were felt there...

K
K
lucky you! id love to be doing that ( :

R
Gecko
Gecko
R
I have been on tours in St Petersburg, FL and many more in St. Augustine.

My friend and I had finished this one tour in St. Augustine, and we had to walk back to the hotel. We started down this one street and at one of the B&B's - all the people were outside watching some sports show on TV and we said hi, etc...they waved - it was cool.

About 3 more houses down, I saw a little gray blur jump into the bushes in front of this one house. Totally convinced it was some idiot that had their dog off a leash, I was looking around to see who to yell at.

No one was in sight, although the porch swing was rocking slowly in the front porch. As we kept passing the house, I was looking for the dog and searching the yard and house for any human life to get their dog before I got bit. (Love animals - but my fear of being bit is awful).

As we were passing the house, I noticed that the front door had a screen door in front of it. That bothered me for some reason. I noticed my friend had gotten silent, too.

At the end of the road, we had to turn right to get to the hotel. As we turned the corner, we both started talking again. I explained that I had seen a gray blur jump into the bushes and thought it was a dog, although it mught have been a cat.

I told her I noticed the porch swing rocking gently, but never heard a screen door slam, as if the people - or person - had stopped being on the porch and had gone back inside.

Like she said - well, wouldn't the porch swing have been stopped then, if someone had gone inside? Well...yeah..

And did we see a cat or dog run across the yard after jumping in the bushes (which never parted, by the way).....Nope....

Gotta go back and get pictures of that house!!!

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
We went on a ghost tour in San Diego a few years back. It included the Whaley house, but our experiences started at the first site, the Davis house. We ended up bringing one home with us and it spooked my tax clients for several months. I grew accustomed to the cabinets opening and closing at all hours. After a few months it apparently went back home. I've always had spirits around me, so I just tell them to knock it off if they are bothering me. The same company has a tour in St. Augustine, FL and we're planning to go on that tour this Fall, hopefully without getting any new house guests.

As teenagers visiting our relatives in the Charleston, SC area, ghost hunting was one of our favorite weekend activities. When I moved to Charleston, I so enjoyed strolling through the cemetaries. I've been experiencing the paranormal/supernatural all my life. I guess I tend to gravitate to it. My husband has come to accept he married into a family of "Weird" magnets. If it's weird or unusual, chances are it will happen to us.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Amoeba
Amoeba
I have never actually been on a guided ghost hunt or walk, although I would love to go on the one they have in Salem Mass. every Halloween. I have been there before and gone through a few of the houses but never really experienced anything, just never gone on the walk YET.

However there is a road in Billerica Mass called Dudley Road. That I have been down plenty of times both night & day. The story behind Dudley Road is that there is a convent, called the Daughters Of Saint Paul, (it is still up & running) on the road & 3 nuns were hung for practicing witchcraft and others escaped only to later get there throats slit by the same man that hung the other nuns They now haunt the road. Further down the road there is a house where the witches were hung, the house has started to sink. It is still there and has sunk as far as the second floor window, it sinks a little more every year.

One foggy, rainy night my friends and I decided to drive down the road, as we were driving slowly down the road we saw a figure walking along beside us dressed as a nun. My friend sped up a little. I turned to look behind us and the nun that was beside us was joined by about 20 or so more. We drove as fast as we could to get out of there without getting into an accident.

Another time during the day when we went down Dudley Road, we saw in the windows of the house a lady hanging.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
T
T
I've been invited to attend two, one in Buffalo, and the other at Waverly Hills, somewhere south of the great lakes. Sounds interesting. I'll see if sleeping over at the Waverly Sanatorium is allright, or if a hotel room is needed.... wink

Waverly Hills is in Louisville, KY. I went there last Nov but couldn't get up to the building. They do historical tours and paranormal tours. I've heard they are planning on turning it into a B&B or similar.

You can read more about it here:BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Other than going thru the Winchester Mystery House, I have never been on a ghost walk. I would love to do that though. I want to find out if there are any good ones in our area.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
J
Koala
Koala
J
Baltimore has a great ghost walk around Halloween. Edgar Allen Poe's grave is there and supposedly haunted.

J
J
I've been on a ghost walk in Charleston, South Carolina. It was great, whether you believe in ghosts or not. Learned alot of interesting history of the buildings.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Charleston, SC is one of those places that is truly full of spirits. I can honestly feel them as I walk in the downtown area. You can feel them in St Augustine, FL as well, but it doesn't feel quite as "crowded." I'm a bit prejudiced on this as I'm from Charleston.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
A
A
Hi, I have never been on a ghost walk, but I have done some paranormal investigating. I have also lived in several houses with spirits. They never bothered me and I never bothered then. From time to time, they would let us know that they were there. I have been experiencing paranormal things since I was a child. We used to live in New Orleans. That was a very interesting place. I would love to go to the Myrtles plantation sometime as well as Charleston. I think that would be very interesting.

We did go on a "ghost walk" when we lived in Mt. Vernon, WA. It was put on by the high school in an old park on top of a very old residential area. It was quite spooky and we felt there were more spirits there than what the school had planned on.

Each group had to hold on to this long rope with the tour guide in front leading us and I could swear there a few unseen hands on that rope!

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
This weekend I experienced again something my husband and I both experienced on the Ghost Tour in San Diego. On the 2nd or 3rd stop as we walked back to the Trolley, it felt as if the ground was gently rolling under our feet. I described it to my husband and he said he felt the same thing. The last stop was the Whaley House in the old town section. As we approached the porch, 2 very strange things happened. A teenager with his Grandfather got "stuck" on the 2nd porch step. He desperately tried to explain to his Grandfather that he just COULD NOT go in there. As a lady was approaching the front door, she cried out "Oh my God, it feels like the floor is rolling." My husband and I both sighed in relief that we weren't the only ones feeling this. The sensation returned as I walked past the display table in the court room within the Whaley house, and was very much stronger.

Saturday night we attended the midnight auction in the library at the Cherokee of GA tribal grounds. We got there late and were standing in the corner. For almost an hour the floor gently rolled under my feet. This time my husband didn't experience it. It's got me wondering who was in the library with us. I hope they enjoyed the auction as much as we did.

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
S
Shark
Shark
S
I worked in a hospital for 15 years and I know it was haunted.
With the amount of people who die in a hospital building you know there are wandering souls. The elevators seemed to be the favorite place for them to ride up and down. Later when I delivered flowers for a living I tried to get on an elevator with a plant and the doors would open but it wouldn't go up. A nurse came by and she got in and it went straight up. When I got in again it still wouldn't go up. The plant I was delivering was for a lady who passed away that morning. Sounds weird but it did happen.

Oh my gosh! I forgot - when I worked in a convalescent hospital, back in the early sixties, I worked graveyard shift. There were only two of us on duty each night and about 40 patients who were all bedridden. At the far end of the long, long hallway was the "sun room" where the day nurses would take patients to in their wheelchairs. That room was haunted! At night all the lights were out except the nurse's station and dim lights in the hallways. We often saw ghostly shadows walking around in the sun room and we never went in there at night. One night I started down the hall towards the sun room because I thought I saw a man in his wheelchair going in to the room. When I got closer, he was gone! I forgat all about that till I read the above post.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I was a R.N. for 15 years, worked in 4 different hospitals, and every one was haunted. Especially at night! 11 to 7 or 7P to 7A was always the most active shifts for ghosts, but there was one who would show herself occasionally during the day.

I worked Pediatrics for a long time and one night a small toddler was sleeping alone in his room. (No parent with him that night) Sometime along about the middle of the shift his call light lit up. I thought he had just rolled over on it, so I went to check. It was hanging about 12 inches below his crib! Well, that spooked me but I just went back to what I had been doing, when a few minutes later the TV in the next room (which had NO patients in it) suddenly went on with the volume on LOUD!

At that point we called the orderly to come and check the whole unit with us. He thought we were crazy but humored us and came. Do I need to say that we found nothing out of order and no one else awake but the staff?

I don't thimk there's a hospital that isn't haunted.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
O.k. this is a good one and it's a fri. night smile

The first home I bought scared me half out of my wits. I was sleeping in the guest room b/c my husband at the time snored profusely and I felt the left corner of the bed sink down. I was still asleep so I just kind of kicked at whatever it was, but remembered it in the morning. We had a dog at the time so I assumed he must have gotten in.

The next day I asked if anyone had been in the room early in the am and nobody had. The door was shut so I started to think it would be awful hard for the dog to come in and close the dorr on the way out. This went on for about 3 more nights and finally I thought it was my brother. He was staying with us but had a room of his own.

One night I tucked the blankets in extremely tight - like surran wrap tight, before I got in. I'm a super light sleeper and kept a flashlight under the covers next to my chest for when it happened. It did, I woke and without breathing or hesitating, snapped the flashlight on and there was nothing. The door was closed as usual but there was one thing.

The covers were taken across my chest at an angle - a perfect angle like you'd see in a hotel when they take the bed down for you and the feather comforter had a huge dent in it at the corner of the bed. I heard a low conversation in the hallway between two people and thought for certain my brother had guests over, maybe they were drinking and wanted to sleep in the guest room.

At this point I was mad b/c house rules were that he couldn't have people coming over late at night. I whipped the covers off and went down the hall and suddenly realized it was absolutely dead - thick with quiet. I went from mad to a cold sweat, skipped scared and almost begged for my brother to be awake. I opened his door and he was sleeping like a rock. His breathing was deep and slow. I checked his lights and tv to see if they were warm. They were cold as ice and I was in desperate need of a new pair of shorts!

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
D
D
I have a group in Ontario that goes out to reportedly haunted locations, where, we try to get photos as well as EVP recordings of any spirit activity. These sites include; cemeteries, old buildings and believe it or not my home. I personally have been fortunate enough to get a lot of strange extras and even 3 faces in my photos. I've had several encounters with spirit over the years, but since my husbands death in 2002, they've escalated drastically. My first encounters with spirit scared me silly, but the more I accepted their reality the less fear I felt. Now ghost hunting is my hobby and I've gone to some pretty scary locations in search of the perfect capture.

S
S
Go on the internet and search:
Haunted Tours
Ghost Hunts
Haunted Places
you will get lots of hits.

If you lived in the Pacific Northwest you could come with us on Halloween:

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."

Tom Clancy
S
S
I have always wanted to go on a ghost walk, here in canada we have a few haunts i wouldn't mind checking out smile

Welcome newbies to the forum, hope you all enjoy your stay!
Rosie

Rosie L
Hi! I am new here. I am a Ghost Hunter. I am a case manager for I.N.S.I.G.H.T. Spokane. We are in WA State. I must say it is a blast!! I have caught several EVP's that I can post on here. I also have a few pictures. There are groups all over the US if you are interested in joining. Nothing to it! Just a little training and before you know it you are on your first hunt smile
Deanna as for your dream I would stick a tape recorder in that room you had a dreaam about. Do it at night when there will be little noise. Then you can play it back to see if you have an EVP's from the mischevious boogers! Anyways I am so glad to see that I have fallen into a good group! Thanks! Schell

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
I would like to go on a Ghost Hunt, but sometimes feel afraid of something I wont like sensing-lol. I truly believe there is something out there. I've heard about battlefields during the Civil war time are haunted. I'd love to go to Andersonville, Georgia where my great, great, great grandfather is buried and held as a prisoner during the Civil War. I've heard weird happenings go on there. I'm sure the hair on the back of my neck will be sticking up-lol.

I've never felt a ghost but have felt spirits. I lost my husband December 16, 2005. Since his passing, I've been feeling things with him. I've never had those feelings before. I feel because my husband and I had a strong connection and believe he is watching over me. I was close to my grandparents, but not as close as I was to my husband. I believe our love ones we are or were close bonded are the ones that will be watching over us the most.

Julie

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.