Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
Hello!

My husband and I went on a ghost walk in Charleston, S.C. for our honeymoon ten years ago. We had a great time, and learned some great 'haunted' facts about the buildings, homes, and restaurants there. We had so much fun!

Of course, as our guide was telling us this really scary story, a black cat happened to go MEOOOOWWWWW and ran through the middle of our group--every one jumped a mile, lol! (Well, laughing now, but not then).

It was such a fun memory, and one I hope to repeat (sigh...yes, even with the black cat). smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Brandii, that sounds like fun! What a cool thing to do for your honeymoon wink

I would love to go on a ghost walk. I wouldn't be too interested in going to a cemetary, but a haunted house would be fun.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
I think that would be fun. Are there companies that host these? Or maybe just individuals who give tours?

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Have you ever been to Winchester Mystery House in Campbell, CA? Now there's a ghost walk for you!!! Sylvia Brown has been there to guide the ghosts out. It is really something to see and experience.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I went to Winchester house as a kid. It wasn't scary though. Of course we were there in the middle of the day, and it was pretty crowded. I just remember having fun because my cousins were with us.

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Parakeet
Parakeet
One dark & steamy July night, a few of my friends and I decided to drive out in the country to see a "Real" haunted house..We were using my friends Convertible (top down)..Which made us more scared..and they told scary stories about the people who had lived in this "house"..The Husband was a scientist and he'd gone mad and chopped his wife's head off in a rage..She still walks looking for her head..Yikes..!!
When we arrived, we all held hands and proceeded to move our way through the house..It was ice cold in there..(and about 90 outside)..As luck would have it, I was the last one in the line..Suddenly, Somebody grabbed my shoulder..I turned around to see no one..I screamed and like a puff of smoke we all flew out of there..We were on top of each other trying to get back in the car..when someone said, "Look"..we all turned around and there was a figure in white slowly moving toward us..We hit the gas and flew out of there..That the the most frightening moment I've ever had..No more ghost hunts for me... eek

shootingstar123

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you.
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
That sounds like a really scary experience! I definately think any ghostbusting urge would fly out the window at that point.

Had you ever heard any stories of that house being haunted? Any local folklore legends about it?

Deanna Joseph

Parakeet
Parakeet
We have lots of so called "Haunted Houses" around this area..It was said that back in the early 1920's, there was a strange scientist who moved his young wife out to a remote spot away from anything or anyone..They were from Chicago and she was from a socialite lifestyle..He needed privacy because he was trying to find a cure for small pox..and there was just too much commotion in the city..He needed a place where he could concentrate..so he bought land near a swamp and moved his wife there..They were at least 30 miles from any human being..

Well, she couldn't handle being so confined..and alone so she pestered and nagged him night and day..He became more and more withdrawn..slowly loosing his mind..He started killing the farm animals for his experiments..He would run around with a axe..swinging it at everything in sight..Finally, she nagged him one time to many and he whacked her and cut her head right off..He used her blood in his experiments..He put her blood in big bottles..(we saw them the night we went there)..And he dragged her body out to the swamp and sunk it in the dirty water..She's still walking looking for her head..He finally went off the deep end and jumped out of the hay loft..ending his life..You can still see the outline of his body..where it hit the ground..
That's the legend..Creepy isn't it..?? I was skeptical about the story..but I became a true believer that night..!! eek And I'm never going back there again...

shootingstar123

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you.
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Oh my goodness! The bottles of blood are still there? Wow!

I am always looking for an adventure, and love to explore haunted houses. One time when I lived in New Mexico, a friend took me to this beautiful home in the middle of the desert. It had a wrap-a-round porch, and it was just in the middle of nowhere. It was abandoned. It was about midnight. When we walked up to the front door, and he opened it, I looked up and saw these two red eyes hovering in the air in front and above my head. I turned around and went back to the truck. We drove the hour back to the town where we lived and I went home. I lived by myself and owned no inside animals. I was lying in bed, when it started to vibrate. I lived close to railroad tracks, but there was no train and nothing else was vibrating in the room. I just kept lying there for about 2 hours pretending I was asleep and trying to figure out what to do when something gave two sharp tugs to my bedcovers!!!!!!! I jumped up and stood on the bed leaning over to turn on my bedside lamp. I leaped way far away from the bed and turned on the overhead light. I looked under the bed and all around and saw nothing. I ran through the house turning on all the lights. I found my Bible and started reading out loud and also saying that this is my house and it had better get out. I then went back to my bed, even though it was still vibrating and I put my Bible under my pillow and I went to sleep with my bed continuing to vibrate. The next morning, when I awakened (yes I actually fell asleep :)), it had stopped and didn't do it again.

Deena Budd
Paranormal
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Oh Yikes! I'm so glad I'm reading these posts in the early morning LOL!

I did dream about ghosts last night though! They were confined to this one room in a house, and I had to keep going in there for stuff. I had to keep telling them to knock it off, because they would do things like try to pull my dress over my head LOL.

Shootingstar, that's a horrific legend. And so gross!

Deena, that is so scary to think they'll follow you home! I guess that's something to keep in my when going on a ghost hunt.

Deanna Joseph

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.