Next Thread
Print Thread
#371862 02/02/08 10:22 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Hello! When you who use a Ouija board to communicate with the spirit world, what steps do you take to insure the safety of your participants?

Deena Budd
Paranormal
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I have never personally used a ouija board. But I know a local paranormal investigator who uses it with great success. He grounds and puts up energetic protection around him and his participants. And they seem to do fine.

I personally think that if we put up energetic protection, that we'd be fine. But I still know people who say that they would never, under any circumstance, use the ouija. I do have a spirit board, but I haven't made a particularly good connection with it LOL.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I'm with the folks who will have nothing to do with ouija boards. They scare me and you just never know who, or what, might be attracted to you through that portal. Even with protection, I just would rather leave well enough alone.

I basically agree with Helen. Maybe since we're both Missourians!

I think Ouija boards are very dangerous, and I personally am apprehensive about using them. I feel like they're a useful tool in the right hands perhaps, but I'm not comfortable with what I may contact. I wonder if whatever I end up communicating with may be something dark that's telling me what I want to hear. I think some of the people who use them (misguided teenagers, kids at slumber parties, etc) could be seriously in danger, especially if they don't take what they're doing seriously.

I have been around Ouija boards several times, but I've only used one once. Nothing overly strange or memorable happened, but I felt uneasy. I also think 50% of the time, one of the people with their hand on the board is moving it. That's just the way it is. It's only when you're with people you really trust can you get results. I'm just weary of those results.

Anyway, in response to Deena's original post. I like to use a few material elements to protect myself and others. A circle of sea salt is a main necessity for me, as well as salt in the corners. I like to use sage, or white sage, to cleanse the room. Spoken words are at the discretion of the practitioner. I like to use my energy to form a barrier, as other poster above mentioned. Your own energy/spirit can be your greatest weapon against something nasty that may be trying to trick you.

"If men cease to believe that they will one day become Gods, then they will surely become worms."

-Henry Miller
Hoodoo #377039 02/19/08 03:31 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Did you know according to Wikipedia that the Ouija Board was responsible for Cheap Trick's name?

They have *many* stories in their article about people who were severely damaged by Ouija Board usage. I did play with it once or twice as a youngster (with friends) and was really scared by it - I never touched it again.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
I had heard that about Cheap Trick (one of my favorite bands...in the day) smile.

I have had some very scary experiences with the Ouija Board also. But, I did have one of the most awesome experiences years ago. I was able to communicate with a friend who had passed away just a day prior to using the board. I had been the one to discover that my friend had passed away, and felt it would be an ideal time to attempt to communicate with him as he might not have passed over yet. We talked hour after hour. It was certainly him. His sense of humor. His choice of words. It was just amazing. The planchette was flying all over the board so quickly, we could barely keep up. I learned a lot of positive information that night, and felt really good about the experience. The next night I tried again. It was not him, and it was a frightening experience. Even though I had such a positive experience with my friend, I haven't used it for a very long time. It is so hard to know if you are being manipulated and lied to when using the Board. It is so easy to be fooled and think you are talking to someone you know, but in actuality, it could be something you wouldn't want to know! My daughter used it a few times with friends, and she had some negative experiences also. I'm not a person who is easily frightened, but I'm doubtful that I will use it again.

Deena Budd
Paranormal
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
I do not believe in them at all and will not even be in the same house if one is being used.

I cannot stand it that they sell them in the toy department at some stores.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Robin,

Usually when someone says they won't be in the same house with an ouija board, it means they are bothered by them. I was just wondering, if you don't believe in them at all, why would this bother you?

Just curious smile

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Moderated by  Deena - Paranormal Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.