Page 1 of 2 1 2
#379728 02/23/08 05:08 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Do you wear ear plugs to concerts?

I never had but when I took my dad to see the Rolling Stones he brought ear plugs for us both. I normally don't like wearing them but it was amazing what a difference they made - and it was scary when I removed them near the end just to see what the "real noise" was like ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
I never have before, but I have a friend who always does.

Might be a smart thing to try, actually...

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I always wear earplugs at movies, the sound level in theaters seems to be cranked up so high it is painful to me. I went to a simulcast of the Met. opera last year at a local theater and had to keep my fingers in my ears throughout because I didn't bring the plugs. It hadn't occurred to me that they would do that to the Met! I also wear the earplugs at football games where the PA system can be heard a half mile away.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Claybird - there was a time a year or two that my boyfriend and I went to a movie and there was pretty much nobody in the theater. I think normally they have the volume up high because all the bodies absorb the noise (in an acoustic manner) sort of like the difference between playing music in a carpeted room vs a hard wood room. My boyfriend plays in bands so we've done a lot of playing around with music noise levels. So anyway with just in it, the sound was too loud and we had to ask them to turn it down. They did! But if we're in a full theater it is much more manageable. So if you go in and it's a low-people show you might ask them to adjust for it.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
We went to a show with one of my clients for Christmas. The sound level was so loud my husband had his fingers in his ears the whole time. It was just so unpleasant. I turned off my Cochlear Implant Processor but that hurt me more than leaving it on. With my residual hearing, although I couldn't hear anything, I could feel the vibrations without the processor supressing some of it and that hurt more than getting some small amountn of sound through the processor which had an autosensitivity function.

According to the statistics we are going to see a lot more people over 50 with a hearing loss in the next few years because these people (my generation and younger) have abused their hearing with loud music. It's quite a sobering thought. Hearing seems to be an underrated sense, yet without we can't easily learn to speak or communicate with our world.

Felicity
Deafness
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I think it's that kids think they are immortal and never think long term thoughts about their hearing, their livers, their skin, their lungs or other parts of them smile By the time they start to realize they are damaged, it is already too late ...

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
So true Lisa. (Oh the arrogance of Youth!) Have a look at my forum post "Are iPods damaging your hearing?" There has been considerable information about the damage those who listen too much and too loud could be doing to their hearing.

Felicity
Deafness
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Here's the ipod thread link -

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Thanks Lisa. Again, I don't know how to get the link without closing the forum...

Felicity
Deafness
Elephant
Elephant
I have worn them at concerts especially as I got older and my hearing was worsening naturally I didn't want to aid it unnaturally. Some concerts are so loud I don't know how some people do it. I have even been known to wear them to clubs when I go out.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.