Print Thread
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
Does anyone know if allergies, including food sensitivities, can keep your heartrate up all the time. I have a friend that I'm worried about. Her resting heartrate is 105. She's not even in terrible condition. She works out three times a week. I'm wondering if she could be reacting to something. She's already had her thyroid checked and seen the doctor for other tests as well. No high blood pressure, no cholesterol problems. Everything checks out except the high heartrate. Any ideas?

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds
Allergies and Colds Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
I did some detective work and solved my friend's high resting heartrate problem. She was only drinking two glasses of liquid a day. Once she started drinking water, her heartrate went down to about 65 beats per minute. I think this illustrates how important it is to stay well hydrated. If lack of water can do that to your heart, think about what other health issues poor hydration can cause.

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OMG! I always knew water was important, but had no idea that it could effect your heart rate!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S
I've been doing some more checking because apparently I'm going to have drive home the point again with my friend. She still isn't drinking water and her heart rate is back up again. During dehydration, your body tries to protect your body's organs. It takes most of the available water from your blood and diverts it to your vital organs. The result is your blood is thicker and more difficult to pump. Thus, your heart beats faster. The longer this condition goes on the greater the chance of developing additional health problems that virtually can affect any area of the body. Rule of thumb for drinking water: each day drink about half your body's weight in ounces of water. Example: If you weigh 150 pounds, that means you would drink approximately 75 ounces of water or 2 1/2 qts or about 7 twelve-ounce glasses of water. That amount is assuming you are inside all day not exerting yourself much. Obviously you have to drink more if you are active. My other rule of thumb is the pee test: your urine should be light amber or clear as opposed to yellow. My favorite motto: if your pee's clear, you're clear!

Sheree Welshimer
Allergies and Colds

Moderated by  Sheree-Allergies 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.