logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Gecko
Gecko
I completely agree with you Michelle_Launch, it's about a roomy interior and convenience these days not my image. Like I ever really had one! :-)

I need a place for the golf clubs, the stroller and other baby gear that will later be replaced with sports gear. I don't see me getting a "just for me" ride for a good many years. DH has a pickup truck so that he can haul mechanical stuff when he needs to so we have a garage full of very un-sexy automobiles.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
I love my minivan.

But, I also support a mother doing what she needs to for her SELF. And, I wouldn't call it selfish time... because, in the end, your husband and your children will benefit from it as well.

I have four children and soon after having the first, I started a business called Mommymorphosis - helping mothers redefine and recreate themselves throughout motherhood. It's now called On The Verge of Me and still just as important - no matter what kind of car you drive. smile

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
A
A
Originally Posted By: Lisa - Judaism
I started a business called Mommymorphosis - helping mothers redefine and recreate themselves throughout motherhood. It's now called On The Verge of Me and still just as important - no matter what kind of car you drive. smile

OK... I WANT IN...where do I sign up and where do I send my RESUME??????

I still have my Mini-Van but out of financial necessity.

I don't feel so bad driving it anymore. The air conditioning doesn't work and the heater only works on HIGH in the winter time. The Stereo is ticky and only works when it wants. I haven't figured out it's genre preference yet since it kicks out CD's in random order. They either play that day or they don't.

However, my perspective has changed someone since I started riding a MOTORCYCLE.

Yes, motorcycle. Who knew? If someone would have told me 5 years ago I'd be 41 years old and rolling on the throttle of a HARLEY, I'd have told them they were "OUT OF THEIR EVER LIVIN MINDS".... and today, here I am, every free moment I can get, on that bike going vrrrrroooom.

I haven't gotten as much flack as I thought I'd get. In fact, the other night it was a balmy 60F in our middle class neighborhood. It seemed like everyone was out enjoying the birth of SPRING. I took short ride around the neighborhood and the VROOM gets some notice...but the fact there's a woman is at the helm get's DOUBLE TAKES. And.. it's the grandmother's who are stopping dead in their tracks to clap, wave or give me the thumb's up.

GO FIGURE !!!!

I am one of those mom's whose hay-day was in the mid-80's. I was sold the adage that we can have it all. Well, HELLO... when life,family, children and career hit me FULL FACE... I got thrown into a ROLE. A confining role at that. WHY ohhh WHY... do we have to fit a STEREO-TYPICAL image?? Why do I have to cut my hair short, wear my skirts longer, blouses buttoned up higher, dismiss make-up and feeling sexy for a ROLE that I didn't have anypart in defining. It was already there... and I just slipped into it. And by slipping into a role.. what am I teaching my girls????

Yes girls you can now have it all. You can be a mom, you can be a career woman, you can have it all... but you have to do it within these well defined out-dated parameters which will drive you crazy.

Ahhhh.. no. Not for me. I decided it's time to get out of that box and re-define who I am.. who I want to be... and how I want to live my life. And that means experiencing life to it's fullest not merely being a spectator.

So... the metamorphisis and busting out of the caccoon (MINI-VAN) has started. Painful yes. Worth it?? You betcha!!!!

LML Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I love my Kia Sedona, but our real reason for switching to a van was more room for the DOGS smile They were awfully crowded in the back of the station wagon with all our luggage when we went to the Jersey shore.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
I LOVE it, AM Z!!!

and i love the analogy of busting out of the cocoon (mini-van).
that's great!!!!

do your children ride with you?

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I find this somewhat amusing.

My younger brother, who was divorced about 5 years ago, just traded in his mini-van for an H3 Hummer.

His reasoning? You cant pick up dates in a minivan! grin

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Gecko
Gecko
When my mini-van died I got a Toyota Camry with a rear end spoiler and it has some detailing. I'm a divorced mom of two girls. Since my divorce I:

- Wear v-neck shirts instead of those mom t-shirt with the too long sleeves.

- Wear makeup

- Color my hair

- Think sparkley things are fabulous, but not too much sparkle

- Wear high heels

I decided not long after my ex-husband walked out that I was fabulous. hehehe

C
C
I outmoded from the minivan a long time ago, but from my mustang well before that. I even sold my stang for the downpayment on a house years ago!
I have no choice but to drive a large vehicle, my dd drives a Jeep she shares with me though-so I live through her a bit. My dh has a stupid sedan made by a company I detest and if he tries to take me out in it I grit my teeth. some cars can't be helped by leather seats and a moonroof. I like a lot of different vehicles, but I am not defined by my vehicle. Even if I drove a 'church van" I would have tribal markings or ghost flames painted down the side with the license plate that reads "abnormal"
I don't fit into people's molds too well, and I ain't interested in starting. I would like to drive a Nissan 300 and one of those Solstice's just to see how they handle.
And a granny that rides a Harley is just too darn cool. I used to ride with my dad years ago, but his bike was too heavy for my post Epstein Barre body to hold up on my own for long. someday I might consider that, but I have too many littles that still need mom at the moment.

Orthodox homeschooling mom to 7, one with Rett Syndrome
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
I have a gas-guzzling Suburban, but I also have 6 kids. I drive less than 100 miles a month. We walk to the park & the grocery store & friends houses. We have company a lot. My kids even walk to dance class, singing class & drama.

I have a bicycle I ride into town sometimes (bank, post office, pay bills...)

I used to have a mini van but we outgrew it.

We plan our weeks so that we make less trips.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa - Moms, Traci - Moms 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.