Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
indigo2 Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I
a few weeks ago i decided to post on craig's list to start a CF group in my area since we don't have one here. well i already got 3 responses including one from a woman who is moving here from another state. i'm so happy.i'm going to repost it again this weekend b/c my hubby said it's a good idea to repost things every few weeks at least b/c many times people dont' look that far back in the posts.i'm so excited. i tried starting a CF group before but if was really hard to try to find other CF people. i really hope i can get a really great group going. i'm going to ask a woman who i know is CF to join plus my DH said that he works with a woman who's CF as well.

i'm glad there's other people in my area who are CF afterall!

indigo

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
Shark
Shark
K
Wow indigo--that is such a great idea! Keep us posted on how it goes; I may have to try that too smile Were you thinking about setting up dinners/events or anything, or just meeting up somewhere? How cool.

the only thing i want to parent is my great dane!
I
indigo2 Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I
i was thinking of planning one activity a month. i have a whole bunch of ideas! dinners, movies, coffee shops, shakespeare in the park, going to listen to music, etc...

i will definitely keep you posted!

indigo

K
Shark
Shark
K
Your ideas sound great indigo! Gee, wish I was in Buffalo too.

the only thing i want to parent is my great dane!
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Wow indigo!!! That's really cool! There is nothing similar in Austria! No forum, no meet ups,.....
Only forums for mommy's,...

Maybe I'll start one too!!!

"Every man is the architect of his own fortune."
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Remember that most groups that are child free are that way naturally so you don't have to seek out "child free" groups at all. For example I'm a wine writer and I go to a lot of wine events. There are NEVER children there and there is pretty much never discussion of children either. The discussion is all about wine.

I belong to the local chamber of commerce which is for men and women in business. Many of us members own our own businesses. When we have our get-togethers the discussions is always about business, about networking, about what we are doing in our business. again, children pretty much never come up.

So don't restrict yourself to a group about "not having kids". You might not have anything at all in common with those people except that one fact! Instead, if you find a group that revolves around an adult hobby it will naturally bring in people who share your hobby interests and who will be talking about that hobby. Probably the only exception is if the hobby is something like "knitting baby clothes" smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
S
Shark
Shark
S
Originally Posted By: Lisa Low Carb Ed
So don't restrict yourself to a group about "not having kids". You might not have anything at all in common with those people except that one fact! Instead, if you find a group that revolves around an adult hobby it will naturally bring in people who share your hobby interests and who will be talking about that hobby. Probably the only exception is if the hobby is something like "knitting baby clothes" smile

naturally bring in adults.....i must be living in the wrong world. That is the biggest reason for why alot of us join CF specific groups...It's for the guarantee. I wouldn't feel the need to join one, if I could go to my advanced karate class and not have a 2 year old under foot. If I could go lift weights at the gym and not worry about a child sprinting circles like its a jungle gym. If I could go out to a expensive nice restraunt with my wife, and enjoy a quiet meal without a child screaming.

If I could get these things to happen, I would need a CF specific group. But since the idea of ALL parents controlling their kids is a pipe dream (I capatilize all because I know that the majority of parents do a good job), and will never happen. I seek my shelter in controlled closed off groups.

Skeeter

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being CF. I have two grown children and two grandchildren and between my siblings and I are local family is 27 members now when we get together. I love them all dearly. However, sometimes it is so very nice to attend something with just my siblings and no children running around - so we can relax and really discuss issues important to just us.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
C
Shark
Shark
C
Indigo, that sounds great! Too bad I don't live in Buffalo.

How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?
-- Plato --
J
Shark
Shark
J
Yeah, I agree. I've been to functions thinking that it will be an enjoyable adult evening. BUT, it never fails, the women start talking about there kids. That is usually when I get up and go chat with the men. Maybe it's an age thing???? Maybe when women get older they come back into their own again??? I am 37yrs. and either they have young ones, pregnant by some miracle that they need to tell you about or the kids are in their teens. I don't know, but I would probably have to take the guarantee of the no kids meetings.

Last edited by Jzel; 02/20/08 10:58 PM.

CFBC
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.