Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Hi ladies,

I found a way to get my husband to love almost anything, including foods he "doesn't like." Add Good Seasons dry italian dressing to squash, whole grain rice, etc. and you will create a smash hit!

It's amazing what a little Good Seasons can do.

A. Maria Hester, M.D.
Gynecology and Geriatrics Editor
Power to the Patient!
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Koala
Koala
J
I use the fat free kind but it's great for marinade for meats too or in deviled eggs.

J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
Another great way to get people who normally don't enjoy fresh vegetables is to add your own spices. I find that if I use a little bit of cumin, chili powder, black pepper and salt on foods, my fiance will eat just about anything ;-)

Jill Valente
Healthy Foods
R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
Yes spices are great, even my 17 year-old will eat spicy lentil soup, he's even been known to ask for more.

I was so amazed and really pleased, it wasn't my recipe but hey.

Today I'm trying a curried cauliflower soup on him, he'll be really wary as I'm going to liquidise it, he likes to see the lumps so he knows what they are.

I don't even try to get the other 2 to check these out, but maybe when they reach 17?

Fingers crossed.

Rachel, Spanish Cult Ed
Andalucia Holidays

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Good luck with that Rachel, let us know how it goes!! It definitely is worth it to try to get family members to try new foods and expand their culinary horizons smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
No go. He looked at it and said it was puree, baby food.

My fault I suppose I've usually made soup with floaty bits!

Hubby and I enjoyed it though, and I'll definately make it again, half a cauliflower in one sitting and he didn't even know!

Rachel, Spanish Cult Ed
Andalucia Holidays

J
Koala
Koala
J
When my kids lived at home, I used to puree up things like cauliflower and add to soups and casseroles and nobody noticed. Also, I could grate up tofu and make it look like cheese in a spaghetti casserole. I just mixed it with some mozzarella cheese.

That would make a good book! How to hide healthy stuff in recipes.

Zebra
Zebra
Yeah, Jessica Seinfeld already wrote it! LOL

It's called Deceptively Delicious. And, I think there's another one that's similar--I believe there was some controversy when the Seinfeld book came out.

But, her thing is pureeing veggies in 1/2 cup portions and then putting those purees into different foods. Even brownies. So, she sneaks veggies into almost everything. Something in chicken nuggets, I believe, too.

The low-carb faux mashed potatoes made with cauliflower is something my guys liked - my picky eater son even asks for it!

J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
I have actually read articles about how tricking your kids or loved ones into eating vegetables really doesn't solve the issue of people not eating well these days. As for vegetables, I have found that roasting them is the best way to start people eating better. Roasted asparagus with chopped garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar comes out great!

Jill Valente
Healthy Foods
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I find I eat more veggies when I add them to kebabs and grill or broil. A great veggie kebab is red peppers, squash and onions with a very little oil and pepper. Sometimes I add cherry tomatoes.

There was a comedian or actor who had a quote about how all food tastes better on a stick - how true!

Last edited by Allison_PCAdvice; 03/06/08 07:33 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.