Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But few of us want to do lots of cooking that early in the morning! What are some quick, healthy ideas for eating a breakfast that is healthy and filling?

I myself drink EAS low carb shakes in the morning. It's not for "health reasons" as much as I simply don't feel like eating when I wake up. I honestly am not hungry - but I know I need to get nutrition into me. With the shake it's very yummy, I get in some energy and then by lunchtime I am actually hungry enough for food.

Most people really do want food when they wake up smile The times I wake up and want "real food" my boyfriend makes me an omelet. These are GREAT because you can toss in green peppers, ham cubes, bacon, spices, cheese and other things to make it a nutritional meal. You can make a different style omelet every morning to keep your taste buds interested. Omelets are very quick and easy, especially if you keep a few basic supplies in your fridge like a bag of shredded cheese, a small tupperware of diced green pepper etc.

What else do people do for quick breakfasts?

My boyfriend often has oatmeal for breakfast - they have low sugar versions out there.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Low sugar oatmeal - Sturm Farms cranberry or blueberry, or EAS shake. Just so easy when you have to get a kid to school and get to work. I wait till I get to work to eat, nuke the oatmeal and eat while I delve into the first emails of the day.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Blueberries are definitely very good for you!

There are low sugar cereal options out there too, if someone is a cereal fan who likes to start their day that way.

I know some people like smoothies but to me those are VERY messy - you have to take apart the entire blender afterwards to wash it. That's too much hassle for me smile

Low Carb Forum
R
R
Can you please tell me what an EAS shake is?

This morning i had oatmeal with low fat milk, honey, and fresh fruit in it.
I would like to know what a EAS shake is also!

Rosie L
Shark
Shark
I make up Oatmeal bar recipes. Or muffins. I have a great one for muffins that has no flour in it at all, I'll post it when I find it again.

I have a recipe for Super Oatmeal breakfast bars my kids love. It is entirely customizable.

Super Oatmeal-Fruit Breakfast Fuel

2 cups Oat meal, plain (the kind in the big cylinder)
� cup flour (all purpose)
1 � cup low fat granola (I just used some from a cereal box with almonds and raisins)
� cup raisins
2 bananas, sliced thin
2 eggs
1 cup milk (more or less)
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed

Preheat oven to 400 F.
Mix everything in a large bowl. It will be slightly �goopy�. The milk will not completely absorb, but try to get all of the flour mixed into the liquid. If the mix is too dry, add a little more milk. Once it is all completely mixed, pour into a pan that has been lined or oiled well.

Bake for 25-30 minutes. Check at 20 minutes for browning. The top of the bars should be dry with spotty golden brown areas. Remove from oven, cool until you can cut and handle the bars without being burned. Serve warm

Julie Fletcher
Cleaning Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I drink a soy protein shake and usually a small cup of yogurt. Than - later - if I feel like want something, I eat a few almonds.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Here's my review of EAS shakes. They are 11oz ready-to-drink shakes that you just pour into a glass and drink smile

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I'm a smoothie person LOL. Lately I've been mixing blueberries, a kale leaf, yogurt, flax and a banana. It's not bad! Though it can be a wee bit crunchy LOL!

I love turkey patties for breakfast - but they are work as I have to fry them up.

Last edited by Bella_Deanna; 02/25/08 01:16 AM.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Deanna - LOL now see with me, with something you fry you just pop the frying pan into the dishwasher afterwards and you're done. No muss, no fuss. I consider that perfect. But with a blender there are like 20 parts to the darn thing that you have to unscrew and take apart and fill the entire dishwasher with. That seems a royal pain to assemble and disassemble every time.

What's the secret to easy blender meals?

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.