Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
tuvwxy363528, nopqrs050704, ijklmn820729, klmnop851537, vwxyz{471683
57203 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57195 Members
417 Forums
112992 Topics
800589 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 688
Beetlemess 283
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 267
Nancy Roussy 181
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 109
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 98
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 91
Susan - Meditation Editor 48
Sandra Investing/HFinance 46
Mona - Astronomy 40
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#423323 - 06/03/08 08:12 PM Re: Tai Chi [Re: Jilly]
Claybird Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Indiana
This is off post and I apologize but couldn't resist...Jill, you have trouble telling your right hand from your left? Join the club! I have never been able to figure out which hand is which, so that all of my friends know that if I am giving directions they have to watch which hand I wave, not listen to my words!

I found out that it is all my Mother's fault! (Don't you love it when you can blame your mother?) Children learn right from left during a narrow window of opportunity when they are around 4, and if they don't learn it then, they never will! I am living proof of that.

Sorry...back to Tai Chi!

Add Re: Tai Chi to Twitter Add Re: Tai Chi to Facebook Add Re: Tai Chi to MySpace Add Re: Tai Chi to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Tai Chi Add Re: Tai Chi to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Tai Chi to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Tai Chi to Stumbleupon Add Re: Tai Chi to Reddit
#423568 - 06/04/08 07:41 PM Re: Tai Chi [Re: Claybird]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
OMG. YES! Left and right may as well not exist in my mind. Yet I have a good sense of Port and Starboard.

I think being slightly dyslexic does not help. Also I am left handed, but not for everything. arg. smile

Add Re: Tai Chi to Twitter Add Re: Tai Chi to Facebook Add Re: Tai Chi to MySpace Add Re: Tai Chi to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Tai Chi Add Re: Tai Chi to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Tai Chi to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Tai Chi to Stumbleupon Add Re: Tai Chi to Reddit
#430449 - 06/26/08 05:22 PM Re: Tai Chi [Re: Jilly]
Caroline - Martial Arts Offline
Shark

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Jilly, I feel for you. I have the same issue with my left and right. Someone told me the whole "make an L" with your hand trick and I went and flipped my hand over and said, "Okay, now the other one is an L. I'm confused."

It's even harder when you're doing it to a DVD and trying to follow along. I think for me the key in Tai Chi is just make sure whatever you do on one side, you balance it out somewhere along the line and do it with the other side (regardless of if it's right or left or front or back).

#431917 - 07/01/08 08:08 PM Re: Tai Chi [Re: Caroline - Martial Arts]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
Good news - I found a local tai chi class. Dh and I are planning to take it next monday (unless my parents come to town for a visit). Looking forward to it!

#432280 - 07/02/08 08:34 PM Re: Tai Chi [Re: Jilly]
Caroline - Martial Arts Offline
Shark

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Great news! If your parents come to town you should take them with you =). Tai Chi is great for people of all ages. Let us know what you think of your class after Monday =).

It's summer time here and almost time for my style's International Conference and getting excited again as I think this year I might actually be able to go! Woot.

#535150 - 07/08/09 01:39 PM Re: Tai Chi [Re: Caroline - Martial Arts]
A. Lorenzo Offline

Keep practicing the routine a little bit at a time. As you practice, the moves eventually become habitual. It takes a little time for new neural pathways to form. Practice every day at least five to ten minutes. Do what you can remember and keep practicing. Just like dance moves; the Tai Chi moves become part of you. We all hope that you are doing well.

#535585 - 07/10/09 04:25 AM Re: Tai Chi [Re: A. Lorenzo]
mary-tea1 Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Michelle keep at it, all the moves will come, I have taken Tai Chi and I loved it, it was easier to follow woth a teacher rather than a DVD, I did that too.

I have arthritis and am very stiff all the time, I feel very "fluid" when I am done and I sleep like a baby. It is very slow and my instructor has me addicted to Japanese music. Closing eyes and relaxing.

Mary Caliendo

#631613 - 09/23/10 06:06 AM Re: Tai Chi [Re: mary-tea1]
Phyllis Doyle Burns Offline

Loc: Reno, NV
I want to get back into Tai Chi. It has been at least 20 years since I took classes. I once had a diagram of each of the steps. It was very well illustrated with descriptions and I cannot find it. Does anyone know where I can get another?

#631616 - 09/23/10 06:41 AM Re: Tai Chi [Re: Phyllis Doyle Burns]
Ninjahedgewych Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Portsmouth, England
You might be thinking of "Tai Chi:The Supreme Ultimate" by T T Liang and Lawrence Galante. There is another one I have but it's in the loft, at the back, under about 200 other books........

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama

#631617 - 09/23/10 06:49 AM Re: Tai Chi [Re: Ninjahedgewych]
Ninjahedgewych Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Portsmouth, England
"We just had our first class tonight. ow ow ow ow ow"

Don't want to worry you but I still hurt from Tuesday Ninja training - mind you I've only been doing it 15 years or so. We also train on a wooden floor with no mats and there were a few very enthusiastic beginners too which may have something to do with it.

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Etsy Contests and Giveaways
by Trish-Contest/Sweepstakes
Contests & Sweepstakes
26 minutes 55 seconds ago
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 05:03 AM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 04:31 AM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 04:16 AM
Southwestern Shrimp & Eggs - a late nite crave!
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
American Regional Cuisine
Yesterday at 10:59 PM
100 days of gratitude
by Lynne - ChristianLiving
Christian Living
Yesterday at 06:55 PM
Rosetta has arrived!!!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 06:17 PM
Are You Limiting Your Imagination
by Tracy - Philosophy
Philosophy
Yesterday at 06:12 PM
Reincarnation of sisters in Hexham
by ParanormalHost
Paranormal
Yesterday at 04:57 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Sandra Investing/HFinance
Home Finance
Yesterday at 04:33 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 56 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.