Next Thread
Print Thread
#376051 02/15/08 06:50 PM
D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Please check out my new article about decorating the kitchen on a budget.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Donna _Budget_Decor; 02/15/08 06:52 PM.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
A
Hello!

That was a fantastic article!

For dishwashing soap, instead of keeping the bottle of Joy by the sink, I put it in a glass bottle with a "pourer" (I can't think of the word...but the little thing that prevents the whole bottle from spilling out as you pour some soap on your dishes)

Craft stores and hardware stores usually have them, and they can be found in every pattern, color, or style that you like.

Thanks for the article--now I have even more ideas! smile

R
Gecko
Gecko
R
I used to go to a hotel for lunch and one day, I really got into noticing the decor.

They hung wooden crates at various angles on the wall. The crates that were at an angle, like a diamond, they had placed plastic fruit in the bottom corner. The ones that were hung level, like squares held different knick knacks.

I live with my aunt and cannot change her kitchen, but I might do it wiht mine.

One thing I have a collection of is special kitchen towel assortments you can buy for a small cost whenever a holiday rolls around. I have a fantastic collection of both Halloween and Christmas towels, washcloths, potholders, oven mitts, and a ghost shaped scrubber for pots and pans.

C
Shark
Shark
C
A couple of ideas come to mind. A friend had a plain, sheet-rock wall behind her stove--no fancy tile or anything. To dress it up, she hung a very attractive painted metal tray over the stove. It looked lovely. My daughter has done the same thing over her stove. There's no need for a fancy tile job with this "trick."

We live in a 1948 farm house. The kitchen cabinets were built by the home's original owner. Just knowing the time and effort he must have put in those cabinets makes me VERY reluctant ever to replace them. They are not perfect, but they are pretty and definitely have character. We have the whole kitchen painted white, and we hung a simple wallpaper border around the entire top of the room. I tried to pick a border that had a 1940's look to it. It may not be swanky, but I LOVE my kitchen. It feels comfy and a little like going back in time when I'm in it. (I do have modern appliances--even a dishwasher, so, I'm fine! Hee! Hee!)

cela
cela #376610 02/18/08 12:55 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I love the knobs idea, there are so many pretty knobs out there to choose from!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I have changed my knobs and keep the old ones in case I want to change with the seasons. It really can make a big difference and also updates older cabinets. Another thing I do is to use Orange Glo orange oil polish. Really keeps your cabinets shiny and smelling great.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.