Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Hello, all,

I have had sensitive skin since I was a teenager and have spent lots of money and time and pain discovering what works and doesn't work for me. Mostly, anything with fragrance will cause irritation, but some other things do, too (some toothpastes, for instance.)

And, I keep running in to other people with similar problems. So, I decided to find resources and recommended products from other sufferers in hopes we could save some time and effort in doing it all by ourselves.

My recent experience in trying to find fragrance-free hand soap in a pump bottle let to this! I'm using Kiss my Face now (finally found some at my health food store), and it is very moisturizing and fragrance-free.

I created a web page with info and resources to help: Fragrance Free Skin Products.

And, I'm on the lookout for more products--so, can you tell me what works for you? I'm especially interested in affordable basics and now am starting to look for anti-aging products, but will be happy to hear about anything you've discovered! Thanks!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Hey Deb, good topic. One of the things people don't realize is what an effect what they wash their clothes with has on their skin. They are finally starting to come out with "sensitive skin" laundry detergents (unfortunately you get less for more $ than the regular brands). Also if they have water softeners they don't need to use as much soap or fabric softener.

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
I have started using organic cotton towels and washcloths in the bathroom. Fragrance, on me or on someone else, has always caused an allergic reaction, especially if it is synthetic. I love Kiss My Face. When choosing anything with fragrance these days I try to make sure it is organic and that the fragrance comes from essential oils.

Sheri

Sheri Ann Richerson
Water Gardens
J
Koala
Koala
J
I'm allergic to any kind of fragrance that's "flowery". I've had good luck with organic skin care products, esp because I hate the toxic ingredients in most products. I eat organic food so I feel I should also put organic on my skin, which absorbs whatever I put on it.

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Thanks, everyone--I have been using the special detergents and fabric softeners that have no fragrance and those do help. I was glad they finally got fabric softener that had no fragrance--static cling is a pain! Just a few months ago, I found Bounce fragrance-free dryer sheets, too, which are more convenient for me than the liquid kind. And, I recently bought a cheaper detergent-I think it's All brand instead of TideFree. My clothes are rarely very dirty and so far, the cheap stuff seems to be doing okay.

And, I've tried some essential oils, but some of those are too strong for my skin, too, especially on my face. So, I usually just burn them in a diffuser for the smell instead of using them on my skin. I did put lavendar on a small straightening iron burn the other day (on my finger)--I'd read about using it for burns somewhere on these forums and it worked better than aloe.

I have a couple of fragrances that I spray on my clothes instead of my skin, and I can still wear light fragrance on my wrists,--I don't do it very often, though.

I am loving Kiss My Face handsoap--it has moisturizers in it and as often as I wash my hands, that is such a benefit! Amazon.com has it in a 6-pack and it's already in my shopping cart for my next order.

Have you tried castille soap? It's made from olive oil. I don't have sensitive skin per se but I do have breakouts & my skin is very picky! Glycerin (vegetable kind) soap is good as well. It didn't help my skin but others swear by it.
What kind of EO's have you used? I'm big into using natural remedies. Lavender & tea tree are the only 2 EO's that can be used 'neat', meaning undiluted. All others need to be w/ a CO (carrier oil) such as apricot, almond, jojoba, even olive.
Try mixing 1/4 c of a CO w/ 10-15 drops of EO & try that for your face.
For 'perfume' I use either neat lavender or I made up a spray of 1 oz water & 4 drops lavender. It�s good for perfume, room spray, also for hair, to disinfect hands & countertops, etc.
Hope this helps some!
Love,
Reina

B
Koala
Koala
B
I never use fabric softeners or dryer sheets or bleach. All those on my eczema list serve do not either and most just use all free or the trader joes brands.

I tried and liked the Clinique redness solutions moisturizer cream and recently got the originis with dr weil mushroom face cream. That might be what set my face off with this alergic reaction dermatitis.

I also was using the eucerin nigth cream and the eucerin cleanser and rose hip moisturizing cream and the dermarest medicated eczema lotion and now just sticking with the aveeno ultra calming cream and their eczema care line.

I got some nice rose hip shampoo and conditioner from aubrey organics and also vitacost.com sells their items cheaper.

I found their deodorant the only one that does not cause breakouts and rashes on my under arms.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
B
Koala
Koala
B
I have heard great things about calendula oil, emu oil or jojoba oil and I could not find them unless I ordered and paid shipping on amazon so I got the sea buckthorn oil from weleda.com

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Elephant
Elephant
try to find a natural foods store near you. I use an online one sometimes called VitaminLady.com

if you cannot find it on the site, you can contact them and they will track it down for you and their shipping is CHEAP

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
P
P
Johnson & Johnson I use for my baby. And then I started to use it one day. It makes your skin really soft and I believe it is good for sensitive skins.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.