Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
With the popularity of shows such as Dora, Diego, and now Kai-lan, I was wondering what languages do you speak or are learning at your home?

Here at the Peterson home English is our primary language, and since I hoemschool we do study English alot, especially reading as both my girls are just starting to learn to read!

We also study American Sign Language (ASL), my personal favorite, twice a week. We are also learning a little bit of Spanish here and there, thank you Dora and diego, as well as some of our in-laws!

But with this new show Kai-lan we are now starting to pick up words and phrases in Mandarin Chinese as well. My oldest is extremely interested in anything to do with China!

My husband speaks Portuguese, having lived in brazil for two years on a mission for our church. He can also carry on a rough conversation Spanish, I can not. He took German in High school and Hebrew in college. He has retained more of his German and Hebrew than I did of French from my high school years! I think that he just has a head for languages, while I do not! Atleast that is my excuse.

What about everyone else?

Marci Ann Peterson
Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
I took Spanish in high school (near the Canadian border - I always had to be different) and am learning a little ASL now.

M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
Excellent!!!

And aren't we all just a little different!

Marci Ann Peterson
Gecko
Gecko
I am learning Mandarin Chinese as well as Japanese. smile

Heather J. Hasan
Chinese Culture Editor & CC Forum Moderator
M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
I would love to learn Chinese and Japanese! Way to go, you go girl!

Marci Ann Peterson
Elephant
Elephant
I know some ASL, Itallian, Spanish, French, Yiddish, Hebrew, and Japanese.

I would like to fluently learn ASL and Spanish. Eventually more yiddish and hebrew especially since i would love to buy a house in Israel.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
B
Koala
Koala
B
I bought for my almost 13 year old as a birthday gift a Nintendo DS game called Spanish Coach. I figured since we are using California Virtual Academy and there is no foreign language for sixth grade and we are in Los Angeles that this would be good.

He does want to learn French, and since his father is from Canada that seems worthwhile and his interests are working with animals like jack hanna so French could be useful.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Elephant
Elephant
shoot, i was going to suggest a language program and I suddenly cannot think of the name. i will try to remember it and get back to you on that one.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
Good for you! We live in San Bernardino area, and are looking to teach our girls Spanish as well when they get a little older. They are only 5 and 6 right now, so the Spanish they know is from Dora and Diego as well as family members. A couple of my husband's brothers married into total Hispanic Families!

Marci Ann Peterson
S
S
i know English and i am learning French

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Chana- Children's TV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.