Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
W
Watcher Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Being I am scheduled to get this done, I was wondering what doctors have told you about "risks" regarding this procedure. All I was told was that it sometimes did not work, but it did have a high percentage of success. I was also told that it helps to prevent having a hysterectomy. Does Novasure increase risks for other things? My pre-op tests (i.e. ultrasound) are clear.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
T
TRA Offline
T
Though my DR told me there were really no risks, I thought I may share my story. I really wish I had talked to someone before I had the procedure done. Immediately after the surgery, I bled for 32 days, and was later told by my DR that I "had an unusually shaped" uterious and that the procedure did not work for me. My periods since the procedure have been 12-14 days long and completely life ruling. I moved right after Christmas and life has been quite busy, so I have not been back to the DR, but three weeks ago I finally went to my annual appointment and was told that my uterious in now the size of a 30 week pregnancy ! The fibroids and everything else have completely grown wild since the Novasure and now I am scheduled to have a hysterectomy in three weeks. I wish I had never had the Novasure. My periods before were 7-9 days long and were bearable for most of the time. I now have no choice but to have a Hysterectomy.

S
S
I ended up having a hysterectomy about 10 months after my procedure.

W
Watcher Offline OP
OP Offline
W
TRL & sl207 I am so sorry to hear of the problems you had. My sister's friend, who went to a different doctor than hers, had the same thing happen to her as you both sound. However, what we found out was that her doctor did not do an "ultra sound" on her uterus prior to the Novasure procedure. I had one done and when I asked what the purpose the the sonogram was for my doc told me it was to check for fibroids and/or cysts in the wall or lining. My sisters' friend's doc never did that. I am about 3 weeks post op now and seem to be doing fine. I am curious how my next cycle will be.

Amoeba
Amoeba
I was reading about Novasure on their site and there it stated that

"the following adverse effects could occur or have been reported:
* Thermal injury to adjacent tissue
* Perforation of the uterine wall
* Post-ablation tubal sterilization syndrome
* Air or gas embolism
* Complications with pregnancy (Note: Pregnancy following endometrial ablation is very dangerous for both the mother and the fetus)
* Infection or sepsis
* Complications leading to serious injury or death"

R
R
I had the novasure for heavy and frequent beeding 11/06, things went fine until the following march, I then began having the worst pains of my life, was in the hospital 3 days every test in the world, they said I had the flu. The pain came and went for the next 6 mos. My GYN said everything was fine in my uterus, so I kept having tests for everything else. Finally found a DR. who saw the problrm severe endromitris, which was leaving my uterues and attaching to other organs. I ended up with a hystromecty, my appendicx out, and bowels reconstructed, I has comlecations from the hystand almosd died, please don't get a novasure, look elsewhere, I wish i had never done it. Good Luck

J
J
Hi all, I am 41 and I am scheduled for this procedure for 8/17/07, and I am a little nervous. I really don't think I need this done, but I have been having some severe lower back pain with my periods, and I have been clotting alot lately. My periods have always went for 7 days. After reading some articles in this forum, I just think that a hysterectomy would be best. I have never been one for pain. I also don't want to gain any more weight. I just lost 8 lbs. I'd hate to gain it back. Any opinions would be helpful. good luck to all of u

J
J
Hi! I have been reading everything to do with this procedure. I have had a pre-op ultra sound with my Dr. She saw one small fibroid, it was a long ultra sound and I felt comfortable with how it went. I decided to have the NovaSure, now I'm wondering if I have made the wrong choice? The pain? The bloating? Hysterectomy? Has anyone had a GOOD experience with this procedure?

M
M
on the Novasure website nothing was mentioned about having a D&C done before the actual procedure. Can anyone tell me if this needs to be done. My Doctor said that he performs D&C's before each edometrial ablation no matter what the type. Haven't seen any info about it.

Thanks

N
N
did you have your tubes tied? i'll post my story on line shortly. my summary - i had tubal ligation, then novasure (uterus ablation), then diagnosed with adenomyosis, now i have more side effects. I think it all started with getting my tubes tied. i just wanted to ask you that question.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dr. Denise- Gynecology 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.