logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
lucie Offline OP
OP Offline
L
i recentley dyed my blonde hair dark brown..... it turnd black... every now and then i dye it a step ligter.
The black has FINALY come out and is now dark brown.

i want it back to blonde . but by using a home dye as i don't have the time or money to go to a salon whats the easiest way to get this..

hopefully without bleaching or stripping it?
[color:"pink"] [/color]

Last edited by lucie; 08/27/06 05:08 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Hi Lucie,
My first reaction is to say, spend the money and go to a hairdresser. It is very risky gooing blonde after tinting it dark. Tint is harder to lighten than natural hair color.

I don't think you will get blonde without bleach or stripping. The safest way is to highlight it.- with bleach. It is still hard on your hair but is more controlable and is only about 50% of your hair but gives a blonde appearance.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I would keep washing it out with a clarifying shampoo and use a good deep conditioner. Visit a local beauty SUPPLY shop there are hair color removers you can use. Then after 24 hours you can dye your hair the color you desire.

I did almost the exact same thing about 6 years ago.

Have a blessed day-

Erika Lyn Smith
BellaOnline's Missing & Exploited Children Editor
Missing & Exploited Children Site
BellaOnline's Child Abuse Editor
Child Abuse Site
Parakeet
Parakeet
I gather this was permanant color rather than a temporary one?? It may be possible for a salon to remove all the color but I am sure the end result that you would achieve if you managed to get anywhere close to what you started with would be that of a pile of paler brown straw...

Sadly a LOOOOOONNNNg grow out or professional treatment is what is required for this one...sorry..

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
Dorothy Parker
Shark
Shark
I've been thinking about the same thing myself here. I once talked to a mother who had a kid that turned goth, coloring her hair black with permanent coloring. She had beautiful long hair, but the only thing she could do after she decided to quit the goth culture was to either bleach and recolor it or let it grow out. Needless to say, the latter option was much healthier then the former.

Guess what? I give massages and reiki. More info here!
J
J
I have gone through this at least twice.I had black hair,and NO you cannot "DYE" it back to blonde. I hate to tell you this,but you absolutely will have to bleach it if you want it blonde again. If you dont bleach it,it will probably turn an odd orange/red color but will not be blonde. I had to bleach mine twice,and it was yellow on top and orange on the bottom~I went to 5 salons and no one would touch me. So I used an ASH color to get rid of the orange...but my hair was fried beyond belief. Please,I beg of you! Dont make my same mistake,salons can get you where you want to go with less damage and heartache. I'm all for coloring at home,but when you are trying to do something this tricky,it's best left to professionals.

DO NOT BLEACH IT ALL!!

i had black hair and was advised to bleach it by a hairdresser so that i could then dye it brown!
But the bleach ruined my hair and i had to have it all cut from halfway down my back to chin length!! as it was in such bad condition. It also cost me a furtune to buy a product to salvage the hair i had left!.. and the bleach also left a huge chemical burn on my head... after waiting for the burn to go i had to pay a lot of money to have my hair pigmented before i could have it dyed brown
Sorry to scare you or anything but its a big risk!

I have had some of thos e same experiences with dying my hair so i finally gave up and just keep my hair somewhat short now and I regularly wear wigs in different styles and colors it took a little while to find a good place to get a decent wig for a price that didn't make me cringe but i stumbled across a website http://www.goszimers-box.com where you can get great looking wigs for less than it cost to go to a salon and have them mess up your hair most are under $50 Now thats amazing and for a synthetic wig they feel very soft.

hopefully passing on this knowlege will help some of you learn from my mistakes

F
F
I did the same thing from dark to highlights to completely blonde then back to dark which was way too dark, and got some highlights put through, this has done the trick.

N
N
From editor: Please read the forum guidelines.

Last edited by Lynne Chapman; 02/08/08 12:52 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.