logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
heyyou Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Please join us in the following request from my best friend.

- - -
A Postcard Trip Around the World for an Dad's 80th and Mom's 78th Birthday.

Please help us make �A Special Birthday Celebration For a Very Special Couple!� by sending, via snail-mail, a postcard to my folks:

Jack and Louise Pegg, 50 Vine Street, Danville, PA 17821, USA

During World War II Jack, my dad, spent time in several countries and on the seas. Always hoping to go back or even beyond those places, he still regales family and friends with stories of his experiences with the wonderful people he met in other countries, as well as using the friendly phrases in their languages that he was able to learn.

However, Dad�s life has been devoted to work, family and community, with little time for travel. Mom has been his ardent supporter and helpmate all along the way.
Mom and Dad, enjoy short trips when possible, but there are many places they would still like to experience. This is a way to help them do so!

Pleae send them a postcard picturing your area of the world or somewhere you've travelled.

Our family and friends thank you for helping to make the year of Jack's 80th and Louise's 78th birthday a unique and special, worldwide armchair trip. And, if you feel comfortable to do so, please pass this request on to those persons and groups who you think might like to respond.

CK in PA

HeyYou
Sponsored Post Advertisement
heyyou Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
As your cards keep coming the Peggs are daily amazed anew and delighted. It IS truly amazing how much cheer your simple postcards bring. Thanks heaps to everyone of you for helping to make this a special year for them! Let's keep it going!

HeyYou
heyyou Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
The response to this request has been great. Cards keep trickling in. And each one is a delightful highlight to their day!

Thanks are inadequate to both those of you who have sent cards and those who may yet join in.

If anyone one wants a postcard sent to your special person please post your request here or pm me.

Once again, Thanks Heaps everyone.

HeyYou
heyyou Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Just returned from a Stateside visit during which I was able to see the Peggs and their huge albums full of cards from around the world. They thank you as do their daughter and myself!
Thank you!

HeyYou
heyyou Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Amazingly the occassional card still graces the Peggs mailbox. They've delighted in getting hundreds of cards from around the world and are still delighted to show their album to everyone.
For those of you who enjoyed doing this, you might also enjoy a site I recently joined. www.postcrossing.com/ There you send and get cards randomly among over 100,000 other members and you can choose to do private exchanges with members if you want. If you join you'll find me as the only member in the country list under Northern Mariana Islands.

HeyYou
heyyou Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
For a nice article a bout our Library's Postcrossing project see:
www.saipantribune.com/newsstory.aspx?cat=13&newsID=95870

HeyYou
heyyou Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
This was such a success for Jack 2 years ago I'd like to repeat the request for his wife now:

Please send a HAPPY 80th Birthday!!! postcard to my best friend's Mom!!!

Mrs Louise Pegg
50 Vine Street
Danville
PA 17821 USA

Her birthday is this month but getting cards all year long was part of the fun two years ago when we were able to get hundreds of cards from around the world sent to her husband Jack for his 80th.

Now we'd like to out-do that for Weeze (her nickname).

They both always wanted to travel the world but 'life' prevented that. Now you can help them see and learn about your part of it with a postcard!

If you feel the need, you can mention Carol's friend Jude made this request. Not necessary though.

Thanks heaps!!!
contact me with an addy here or at heyjude71 @ hotmail . com (remove the spaces) and I'll send you a Tinian card in return.

HeyYou

Moderated by  DeboraD 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.