logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
My wife has Dissociative Identity Disorder..she has an alter named "DD" and has created an online relationship with another man online only and she tells me everything...Nothing is hidden about what she does as an alter. "DD" has created with this man a marriage and baby online, created her own online family...Now my wife "DD" ask if she can communicate with him by phone and maybe some day meet him. "DD" says she knows can't do anything in reality because married in real life. She always lets me know and ask's for permission before doing anything. Nothing behind my back. My question is should I say it's ok with me to let "DD" communicate with this man by phone ?? and meet someday?? should I be tending to "DD" in every way ???

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Um, NO. Your wife doesn't have a disorder. She's making whacked-out excuses (like "I tell you everything so there's nothing going on behind your back") for having a relationship. Even when there is no phone or physical relationship, people can have affairs of the heart, which is what is going on.

Your wife, frankly, needs to get her act straight, stop making excuses like having the flavor-of-the-month disorder, and either nuture a full relationship with you devoid of other fantasies or get the hell out.

Jeez..."DD"...that's a new one. Whenever I want to gloss over a poor behavior, I'm going to use that one:

"No officer, it wasn't me speeding. It was 'DD.' I have a disorder, you see, and it's not really me doing it."

"Hey honey, now that you understand about 'DD,' it's okay to screw another man, right? I mean, it's not really me of course, and...you can watch! That way, there's nothing going on behind your back."

I think people can have disorders, but my grip on reality and games women pull keeps me planted in skepticism. Especially with this wild card.

Last edited by Angela P; 01/08/08 08:16 PM.
S
OP Offline
S
She's been diagnoised with DID...

Gecko
Gecko
Get a second opinion, especially if her doc is a woman.

I hate the fact that just because both children and adults begin and continue disgusting (especially family- or marriage-wrecking) behaviors that someone, somewhere comes up with a disorder for them. mad

Last edited by Angela P; 01/08/08 08:19 PM.
S
Shark
Shark
S
It needs to stop. Those with DID, only really have one option of cure. With enough counseling and help the two seperate personalities will fuse back into one singular personality (like a normal person would be). The problem lies in that even if she is cured, all of a sudden she is joined with a personality that has been cheating on you (affair of the heart...I like that..I think it fits well). Call it your wife, call it DD, call it whatever you want, it's still her being unfaithfull to you.

I will give you credit for being nicer than me, I would have ended the relationship over this. But if you are going to stick it out, then the online relationship has to stop.

Skeeter

S
Shark
Shark
S
On top of what I just wrote, DID is a very subjective disease, with most Docs not willing to aknowledge it's existance, being that they claim it's simply used as an excuse.

A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
DID is subjective; however there are interview tests to determine whether a person is likely to have DID, and they have been extensively studied in populations (not just individuals) some of which had been diagnosed DID and some of which had not been. The tests are considered as valid as any other psychological tests.

DID can easily be used as an excuse, which is why so many people do not believe it exists. However, I would suggest not passing judgment on its existence until you have met someone whose DID was diagnosed by multiple sources and by multiple means (interview tests, observation). One clue I can give you is that most people with true DID try to hide the existence of their alters, unless they are actively in therapy for integration.

Therefore this situation definitely sounds faked. And even if she does have an alter, it is not an actual separate person, merely a part of herself for which she is still responsible. She needs serious help regardless.

I invite you to read the following article I wrote:
Timberlawn Trauma Program

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I used to work in mental health, alot of psychiatric providers feel that people who exhibit these symptoms are actuallay sophisticated borderline personality patients.

Either way, I think you need to find her another provider.

V
Amoeba
Amoeba
V
Does this guy know that your wife is married? If so I don't know who is worse. Your wife using alter ego under DID or the guy who may know that your wife is married. Sounds like a soap opera with the online marriage and online kids....they both need help.

Freedom isn't free.
A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
My understanding is that borderline personality disorder is at one end of the spectrum of dissociation and DID is at the other end. Borderline patients often dissociate under stress; I believe this is one of the 9 criteria in the DSM (the patient needs 5 to have the diagnosis of borderline).

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.