Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
bcdefg870695, madhvi, daves101, debbiebbb, Anne_0921
56593 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56594 Members
417 Forums
111508 Topics
786406 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 274
Nancy Roussy 173
Rosie 66 154
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 135
loongdragon 109
James Andrew 108
Lestie4containergardens 73
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 63
Jilly 57
Susan - Meditation Editor 53
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#751108 - 03/14/12 03:57 PM Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal [Re: Lila_Chinese_Food]
Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Offline
Koala

Loc: Huron, South Dakota
I was faced with the American Chinese buffet problem last night. We took my mother-in-law out for her favorite restaurant. I can't eat salt. Was there anything there without salt - very little. Oh the fresh fruit. That tasted like shoe leather. Depends on the restaurant. This place used enough oil and salt for 80 restaurants.

Exotic Pets

Birds

Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal to Twitter Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal to Facebook Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal to MySpace Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal to Reddit
#751242 - 03/15/12 04:45 AM Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal [Re: Lila_Chinese_Food]
jodiemt Offline
Gecko

It also depends on the kind of food you eat. If it's a roadside meal, then you don't know what's gone into the food.

Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal to Twitter Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal to Facebook Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal to MySpace Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal to Reddit
#751248 - 03/15/12 12:52 PM Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal [Re: Lila_Chinese_Food]
Sadhana ~ Indian Food Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: USA
Personally, any food that you make yourself at home is healthy (or can be made healthier) since you are in control. You can adjust & decrease the amount of oil, butter, sauces, salt.....

Lightly cooked stir-frys with just a little oil & LOTS of flavor by way of aromatics, spices & herbs can make your veggies and lean proteins sing! Also, portion control & size are important too. Everything in balance & moderation :-)

When I visit China, the food there is very different -- more veggies, lighter sauces, not greasy or everything deep fried. It is however full of flavor!

This is the same for Indian food -- it's much healthier at home than in an Indian restaurant.

Edited by SG_Indian_Food (03/15/12 12:53 PM)

BellaOnline Training Manager, BellaOnline Forum Admin, BellaOnine FB Admin :-)

Indian Food Website

Dont forget to sign up for the Indian Food Newsletter!

#751891 - 03/18/12 10:14 PM Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal [Re: Lila_Chinese_Food]
Lyn-Christian Lit Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Loc: Southern USA
As with any other cuisine, it is what you make of it. I think traditional Chinese cooking is healthier than what you get at the local chinese restaurant (where everything is breaded, deep fried and covered in a sauce).

Steamed veggies in some broth with fish or chicken...yum

#751897 - 03/18/12 10:26 PM Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal [Re: Lila_Chinese_Food]
Yvonnie-Inspired Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Illinois, US
Lila-

I think the main ingredients have the potential to be very healthy. As Sadhana says, making it at home allows you to control the results.

I live 1 mile from China Town in Chicago and I find it rather oily. I often think a little now and then is okay, but eating it regularly couldn't be good for me. That said, I love the taste, but tend to go for Thai when I want it fast.

#751906 - 03/18/12 11:01 PM Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal [Re: Lila_Chinese_Food]
loong Offline
Gecko

Loc: Mt Tremblant,quebec ,can
Dear Lila,
Where I live in the province of Quebec,you can have your food prepared in front of you,so YOU control what is put in your plate.

loong

#755787 - 04/07/12 09:06 PM Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal [Re: Lila_Chinese_Food]
Jamise- Action Movies Ed Offline
Amoeba

Loc: Phoenix, AZ, USA
I have a favorite Chinese food dive here in Phoenix. The service is horrid the food is wonderful.I wonder if they barely pass health inspection. And on more than one occasion, I've wondered if they recycled food off of tables. A tall charge I know....but I do have strong reasons to be suspect. That said, Chinese food is healthy if you make healthy selections, avoid fried selections, ask for no MSG, and tell them to "go light" on the oil they use to stir fry. Funny note, the place where I go, the service is horrible and they would rarely follow any of my requests. And YES the food is still that good to overlook all of the other concerns.

#763680 - 05/20/12 08:42 PM Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unhealthy? [Re: Lila_Chinese_Food]
pat33 Offline

I think it is very much on the cooking of it. I used to buy alot of takeaway stuff that was definately not good for you! For the past year i have been cooking at home with ingredients i buy myself and so know what I am putting in it. I must say, there is a little thing called MSG that i had never heard of in my 'takeaway' days but will now not touch. It is an artificial flavour enhancer that nearly all takeaways had used, check labelling ingredients before buying your soy sauce and oyster sauce as it really is not good for you.

Edited by Lila_Chinese_Food (05/21/12 01:30 PM)

Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unhealthy? to Twitter Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unhealthy? to Facebook Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unhealthy? to MySpace Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unhealthy? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unhealthy? Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unhealthy? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unhealthy? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unhealthy? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unhealthy? to Reddit
#763688 - 05/20/12 11:16 PM Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unhealthy? [Re: Lila_Chinese_Food]
AKLisa- Knitting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Fairbanks, Alaska
I agree also that it very much depends on the ingredients used in preparation of the food. Most restaurants and pre-made box chinese food are laden with unhealthy ingredients.
My local newspaper ran a recipe for cashew chicken a while back, and the nutritional analysis showed the homemade version to be a healthy meal. It tastes better than already made, too smile

Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unhealthy? to Twitter Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unhealthy? to Facebook Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unhealthy? to MySpace Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unhealthy? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unhealthy? Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unhealthy? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unhealthy? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unhealthy? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unhealthy? to Reddit
#767501 - 06/11/12 03:16 AM Re: Do you think Chinese food is healthy or unheal [Re: Lila_Chinese_Food]
lans002 Offline

I think Chinese food is very healthy, Chinese exports to foreign things are carefully selected.Grew up in an eating Chinese food is very healthy. BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Lila_Chinese_Food 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Breaking Up by Ignoring Someone
by Anne_0921
Dating
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Yesterday at 09:22 PM
Salad Time
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Low Carb
Yesterday at 09:12 PM
De-Tethering from the Internet
Low Carb
Yesterday at 08:50 PM
What Is The Wiccan Great Rite?
by Ro Longstreet-Wicca
Wicca
Yesterday at 07:41 PM
International Dark Sky Week - Save the Night!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 07:26 PM
The Gifts of ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 07:10 PM
Against Punishment for Kids with ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 06:49 PM
Walking Off Belly Fat
by CarlaCano-Walking Editor
Walking
Yesterday at 06:18 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Izeigo, Gregory - Hiking/BP Editor), 130 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.