Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Isn't that an amazing feeling Frieda - the first time I did a shoulder and head stand in yoga class, I felt fantastic - I couldn't remember doing a head stand when I was 4...let alone 47...(the first head stand was 2 years ago now)
I just love Iyengar yoga...its very athletic - I'm exhausted at the end of the 90 minute class.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
ha ha, Frieda, I forgot what thread this was, so your post seemed so random! It made me laugh.

The nice thing about donating to Goodwill is that they are a good employer and often hire special needs people, so it's a great group to support, although I appreciate the reminder about Freecycle! I keep forgetting about it.

...the cake is a lie...the cake is a lie...the cake is a lie...
F
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
F
Hee hee. That was the only accomplishment that came to mind. Yes, it did feel good! It surprised me that I could do it without a wall to lean on...I don't have the best balance. Instead of going to classes, I've been doing the sessions on yogatoday.com. They're an hour, not 90 min., which makes it easier for me. It's kind of boring, so 90 min. is daunting. But it's all worth it. (oh no! yoga bingo!)

Parakeet
Parakeet
Today's little accomplishments: made an awesome dinner for my sweetie, did a little cleaning, caught up on some sleep, and put up an almost gaudy collection of brightly colored prints above my desk. (I'm trying to see if more vibrant colors and lights will help with little my S.A.D. problem.) Also, I invited a friend to come over tomorrow to spend a Saturday afternoon chatting and playing board games and he's actually going to be able to make it. (This is the friend I've been trying to schedule a game day with for months, so this counts as an accomplishment!)

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
Amoeba
Amoeba
I have my masters degree. I have traveled in North America, Europe, and Asia. Looking to do some more travel when the budget allows!

I am impressed frieda7 with the headstand. Yoga is a pretty amazing practice!

L
Koala
Koala
L
I'm very impressed with everyone's achievements in here. I really, REALLY like being around educated and interesting people.

M.B. #370052 01/26/08 03:21 PM
Gecko
Gecko
Originally Posted By: myrabeth
Today's little accomplishments: made an awesome dinner for my sweetie, did a little cleaning, caught up on some sleep, and put up an almost gaudy collection of brightly colored prints above my desk. (I'm trying to see if more vibrant colors and lights will help with little my S.A.D. problem.)

Bright lights and colors will help, but what tends to really help is having full-spectrum bulbs. Your skin reacts to it so it produces the chemicals you ordinarily would if you had the sun out. (you probably already knew that, but it might be helpful for those who didn't know) wink

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I have a Bachelor's degree in German, studied for a year in Austria and Germany, and graduated a semester early. I've become a respected grant writer in my community. And I'm going back to school in the fall to become a teacher!

Parakeet
Parakeet
(currently shopping for a full spectrum lamp, actually!)

M.B. #370076 01/26/08 05:35 PM
Gecko
Gecko
(good deal Myrabeth. smile )
Oh yeah, accomplishments...Well, I graduated college with a bachelor of fine arts, and work in a frame shop which means I get to see a huge variety of artwork. (unless, like this week, we're putting 15 freakin' football jerseys into metal frames with glass, a matted photo of the football player, and a plaque with their name on it that's also matted, all of which is a huge pain in the butt and is very repetitive. On the upside, I'm getting some exercise doing squats because I have to sew the jerseys onto mat board, which means I need to keep looking above and below it. wink )
I've managed to find a fantastic mate for myself, who, if anything, is even more appalled at how women are treated than I am. I'll stop talking about him now so I don't gush like a fool. wink
I took in a kitten who would have probably gone to a home where he wouldn't have been loved and cared for a fraction as much as he gets with us.
I've managed to sell some of my artsy stuff, which is always a good feeling. Artsy stuff that I KNOW I wouldn't have been able to make if I were constantly getting interrupted or always anxious, which happens whenever there's a kid around.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.