Print Thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 37 38
#368758 01/23/08 01:06 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK I know that few of us exercise enough and I am right in that category. I will be brave and admit that I got out my Newsweek and put it on my exercise bike and could only ride for 5 minutes before stopping. I waited a while then did another 5, then another 5. So I rode for 15 minutes total. Very sad!! But I did do it.

Post away if you managed to get some exercise in today! Celebrate the small victories!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Zebra
Zebra
Good for you, Lisa! My goal is to do some sort of exercise five times a week this year. Yesterday it was 20 minutes of cardio and like 30 of stretching. The day before, it was 10 minutes of strength training and about 15 minutes of stretching. I love stretching.

I don't like strength training and that's what I need to do more of. And, I tend to slack on cardio in winter, too. It's so cold out! LOL--there's a nice fitness center right here in my complex! Really, I'd like to go there three times a week for cardio. If I go there, I do at least 30 minutes on the treadmill and elliptical. It's still way more boring than walking around the lake. Oh, well.

Well I'm still walking a total of 32:37 miles this month. i keep track of the day, miles walked, n how many minutes it took. im lucky i can walk in my PJs
so great full to have my treadmill!
ya Bella i also find it sooo boring walking to music helps a little my treadmill is right in front of my tv so i get to do both. TV And music

Rosie L
Well where do I start. I am the most exercise phobic person I know. If I dont have to do it myself I wont. I got up this morning thinking about the numerous amount of times I have started a weight loss regime and been very successful at it only so long as someone else was doing it with me and in the end failed myself and given up all together yet again. I am so sick and tired of doing that to myself every time. My last weight loss was 35kg that I lost only about 6 months ago. I have a very large fatty lower abdomen which I always try to hide with long shirts etc, and 6 months ago I had an absess right from one side of my tummy to the other which was about an inch thick and felt like leather and covering the most of the lower abdomen. I went to the doctors and I was told that I had too much cellulite rubbing on my trouser fronts therefore it was causing the absess. Also that it would keep happening if the fatty cellulite tissue remained. Oh my god I thought. I went into a state of horror and just stopped my exercise and diet and failed myself. I have come on here to find some support as I am about to start a weight loss regime again and feel like I need alot of encouragement to keep going. I have tried to get support from family and its just not happening. Please help with any support at all.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I have been walking every day for about 35 years! It's just part of my day. Now I have 3 dogs that won't let me forget either.

This month I signed up at the YMCA and have been going to a senior aerobics class 2 times a week and yoga on Friday. I have to work it into my work schedule, which isn't easy after all these years of not doing it, but even after a month, I'd miss it.

you just have to get started! Take a class you're paying for and would feel bad to miss.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Lisa - We can definitely help you!! The key is to find something you enjoy doing. Like for example I have this nice exercise bike in my living room and I rarely get on it. But I like to read Newsweek each week. So I decided rather than sitting on the couch and reading it why not put it on the bike! And really it did help a LOT because instead of concentrating on the boring numbers on the bike I was reading my story. So find ways to do things that you enjoy.

Make up a play list in your MP3 player with your favorite songs and listen to them. It really helps to play music you enjoy. Or I *highly* recommend getting books on tape - you get absorbed in the story and the time flies by!!

What types of activities do you enjoy doing?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
It really does help a lot to have someone with you - or a whole class - so you feel like you've got friends along for the ride with you. It also gives you incentive, if you know someone is waiting for you - it gives you that extra little "push" to go.

We can all be virtual exercise buddies here! We can encourage each other to make the time to be healthy. Now of course after riding my bike on Tuesday and Wed I didn't ride it yesterday. But I will ride it today, I promise!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today I am up to 17 minutes smile I am trying to add on a minute each day going forward. I am doing it in 5 minute chunks though smile

How did you guys do this week?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Ha Ha!!! I did three SIX minute rides yesterday! I am making progress!! I have to enjoy the small victories smile It is just KILLING the top of my legs to do these rides. I think I must have my bike seat set too high or low or something.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I realized a few days ago that my only avenue to working out was running in place. There is too much snow outside for jogging and we haven't bought a treadmill for our new house yet.

So i feel like an idiot, but at 5pm I put on CSI and walk/run in place, and wave my arms around like in an aerobics class, for an hour or two each day. I am trying to do intervals during commercials. I am sure I look like a moron but am trying to "get over it". lol. My husband says "whatever it takes" and says I look fine. But I would feel odd doing my workout in front of other people.

We are looking on Craigslist for a used Treadmill, but for now this seems to be working. smile

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 37 38

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.