logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#368622 01/22/08 06:14 PM
OP Offline
I was just informed that Heath Ledger has been found dead in his NYC apartment today by his housekeeper and visiting masseuse -- the news has been published in the New York Times but no news yet on the cause of death.

This is very shocking news and I feel for his young daughter and his family's loss.

ELIZABETH BORER
[url=HTTP://WWW.BELLAONLINE.COM/SITE/ENTERTAINMENTNEWS]ENTERTAINMENT NEWS[/url]
Oprah Guide at About.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
I just heard about this on the news and came to look. Apparently they are saying there were pills beside him.

I'm so totally shocked by this. I always enjoyed his films and even way way back when I use to watch Roar on tv.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I can't believe it. I really admired his work as an actor. I'm really shocked by this as well.

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

Elephant
Elephant
Waaaaaahhhh!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
My heart goes out out his family. I had no idea he was only 28! he was so versatile, his roles were so mature.

E
Koala
Koala
E
It's going to be so hard on his little girl - at two she will miss him terribly, but is not really old enough to understand why he's gone. I feel for all his family.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
It is very sad. He seemed like a lovely person.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
OP Offline
He will have a movie released this year which will be difficult I'm sure for his family and friends to watch -- he plays the joker in a follow up to batman returns -- such a dark character to end his career, in interviews he expressed how much he struggled separating himself from the role and was having difficulty sleeping and taking sleeping pills, I wonder if it had anything to do with his death -- so sad and shocking that he died so young.

ELIZABETH BORER
[url=HTTP://WWW.BELLAONLINE.COM/SITE/ENTERTAINMENTNEWS]ENTERTAINMENT NEWS[/url]
Oprah Guide at About.com
E
Koala
Koala
E
There are also reports that he may have had pneumonia too - the combination of that and sleeping pills could possibly be a cause. It's unconfirmed though, at this stage. The autopsy is being performed Wednesday.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Wow that is really a shame. It would be a great shame if his role in a movie got him very upset - and he was just trying to take sleeping pills to deal with it and had an accidental overdose. It's scary how those things can happen.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
B
Shark
Shark
B
Yes, It is a shame. I was really shocked when I first turned on my computer and saw it. I couldn't believe it at first.

Life is short....

E
E
Bad news for hollywood. Heath Ledger was a good actor too bad his last movie is the Dark Knight.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
In one of the reports I read, the sleeping pills he was taking was Ambien. It said he was not suffering from depression, but was having trouble sleeping from all the stress of doing "The Dark Knight" and another film he was working on - and so was taking Ambien to help him sleep.

I take Ambien, and I know from experience that I can take several pills without realizing it. Ambien works as an amnesiac to an extent, it is one of the drawbacks of taking it. I took 6 pills one night, because I kept thinking I hadn't taken it yet. Hubby now keeps the prescription bottle with him and doles them out to me at night so that I do not take over and over again.

If he was taking other pills on top of the Ambien, and forgot that he had taken those doses as well, it would have been quite simple for him to overdose - without ever meaning to.

It is truly a tragedy. And if anyone ever takes these types of medications, I strongly urge that you neve take them while at home alone, and have your spouse be aware of when you are taking them.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
I actually move my meds to a different shelf in my medicine cabinet so I know I've already taken them. I simply can't remember sometimes and the most potent thing I take is meds for high blood pressure.

Koala
Koala
I think it is sad.... so sad that he died so young and left little ones behind.

Elephant
Elephant
The other thing that has been discussed is that Heath may have had pneumonia at the time of his death and Ambien is contra-indicated (not supposed to be used with) cases where someone has respiratory problems.

Tiger
Tiger
The Examiner's Report is in: "The NYC medical examiner's office has ruled that Heath Ledger died of an accidental overdose of prescription drugs."

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Trina Boice 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.