logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
Hi all

I am new to the forum and hope I am not breaking any rules with this post!

I am starting up a business which sells paintings of old Irish homes, or ancestors/family portraits by Irish artists, and would like to hear your thoughts.

The idea is that customers would commission my artists to create an original painting of their homeland, or recreate an old photograph of their great-great grandparents, therefore creating an original family heirloom.

I am all ready to go and have a website, www.paintings-ireland.com but need some advice on how much to charge

If anyone has any thoughts I would love to hear them

many thanks

Louise

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Louise - if I had money, I would buy Newcastle Beach like a shot! We were there one August when the circus was on - bittersweet times as I dont expect we'll get back - do you live in Ireland?
Sorry I can't advise on charges as we arent in a position buy things like this - lovely website, well done and good luck!

PS Try the Irish culture forum.

Zebra
Zebra
Louise, the best way to find out what to charge is do research on what other similar paintings go for. Start online, but also call galleries and see what they would charge for commissioned works of a similar size/technique, etc.

And, of course, you have to make sure you pay what your artists would charge you! So, by asking the artists and looking up prices for similar art, you should be able to compile a price list.

Good luck!

Moderated by  JMBusinessOwners 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.