Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
V
von Offline OP
OP Offline
V
Hi all,
The past week, i have noticed my hair becoming unusually oily, and i havnt changed a thing!!! Usually i have quite dry thick hair, so i use a colour renewal shampoo and conditioner to give it some extra moisture. But since this problem has occured, i have tried other shampoos. I use a good quality shampoo as well, so it cant be that! Even when my hair is wet and lathered with shampoo, as i rinse it, you can see and feel the oily section on top of my head. Thats the only oily bit, from my forehead to the crown. and its not just at the scalp, its for the entire 10 inches of the length. Ive tried shampooing without conditioning, ive tried shampooing twice in a row, ive tried using extra conditioner, none of it helps. Ive now resorted to wearing a headband so you cant see where its oily!! it almost feels and looks like there is hairspray in my hair, but its not crunchy/crispy like when you actually use hairspray. I dont have any problems with dandruff or have never had any scalp problems. I have never had a problem with oily hair, in fact, im not sure i do now...pls help!! any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
That seems odd. It seems as though it might be topical instead of internal. Since it is on top of your head,and through the entire length it might be your water. That is, if you shower. Could you water have changed? Sometimes city water gets icky when there is a lot of rain or melting snow. The lines start to flush out.

I don't know what could be causing the sudden oiliness but to combat it til you figure it out you could try using a dry shampoo. I use a dry shampoo before I go out at night sometimes to give my hair more texture but it also soaks up oil very well. If you don't have access to dry shampoo or powder, you can spray hairspray on a brush then run it through the top of your hair. The alcohol in the hairspray should soak up a little oil from what I have read.

Alicia
Kiss passionately, live intensely...
Kataphileo
[url=www.Kataphileo.blogspot.com]www.Kataphileo.blogspot.com[/url]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.