Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Amoeba
Amoeba
F
Originally Posted By: FrankJBN
As for myself, although this is not a real "thing" either (at least not yet) yet, i am frightened of a succeeding Republican administration.

HaHa! That's a great answer!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Of course anything happening to my kids would be the worst. I am also afraid of disease.

Phyllis, I got to meet Stephen King years ago in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico!

Deena Budd
Paranormal
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
shocked Is that the Truth, Deena? laugh What was he like?

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Ahhh - Deena, I am so jealous! I have been reading him since I was in the 6th grade!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
My boyfriend was sent to see Jaws and Towering Inferno at a young age and is now afraid of both situations. Both are "real" and could happen (although are unlikely).

Me? I admit that I get VERY afraid of "evil demon" horror movies like the Exorcist. I think that movie scarred me for life. That was a movie that was billed as "could kill you if you had a poor heart" when it came out and of course somehow I then watched it when it came out on brand-new cable. Big mistake. If I let myself start to think that there's an "evil presence" in the house I get absolutely petrified. I realize intellectually that there is no such thing, but there it is.

I can't watch a horror movie. Even commercials for them can get me really scared.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
C
Zebra
Zebra
C
To me the most frightening horror movies are the ones that are based on real life situations. While you're watching it, you always think in the back of your mind that this has happened before and it could happen again.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
"Night of the Living Dead", the original movie, scared the jeepers out of me! It was just too real when the lady was sitting in her car and I think she was lost and called to a man she saw walking across the field for help. That "man" was a zombie!

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
MAN! Wasn't that just the scariest movie ever Phyllis!!! I had to wake up my little sister to go to the bathroom with me at night for months after that! That little girl eating her mom and dad!!! Then that poor guy at the end getting shot...after all that he had gone through!!! Did you see the remake? The heroine was the girl this time. She was so tough. Very different from the lady in the original..."Johnny's got the keys!"

I couldn't stand that guy that wanted everyone to go to the basement...yet it turned out he was right!

Deena Budd
Paranormal
Tiger
Tiger
Lisa - The Exorcist is actually one of the movies I refuse to watch. I watched when I was a kid and I've been scarred ever since. The bed scene... that seems to be the one they always preview on tv and I always pitch a fit when I see it.

I can take a lot but certain horror movies get to me. Movies with Grunge type special effects really freak me out physicially. I love the movie Poltergeist but have to look away when the Clown scene comes up (I hate clowns).

Pet Semetary has ruined me when it comes to getting into bed because of the scene where the kid is under the bed and slices Jimmy Smits tendon.

As you say, intellectually, I know these are silly fears but who is intellectual 100% of the time? (rhetorical question)

Today, the scariest thing I can think of? Being strapped to a table and burnt alive.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Good one, I think Moe said it...trapped in water in a car is a good one...I can't swim.

I'd have to say Stephen King's Salem's Lot made vampires sound real...as if they could be your neighbors.

But maybe more creepy is psycho thrillers, like Hannibal Lector (sp?). Because unfortunately there are real people out there like that.

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.