Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
AnaRuggeri, DolphinNose, chrisandiano, Sarah - English Culture, Lisa Bale
58314 Registered Users
Forum Stats
58,314 Registered Members
417 Forums
119,011 Topics
844,797 Posts

Most users ever online: 615 @ 04/22/15 10:11 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Nancy Roussy 242
Mona - Astronomy 130
Celestine - Baptist Editor 47
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading 39
Angie 33
Angela - Drama Movies 25
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 20
Angel S. Class 16
Susan Helene Kramer 15
Korie - California/Yoga/Knitting Editor 13
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#365476 - 01/11/08 05:42 AM Re: Teen Moms Request Month's Maternity Leave [Re: freespirit]
lngilbert Offline
Koala

Originally Posted By: freebubbles3
I would not be an adult I would have become less then human and i would not have been given any respect at all!
I think if more "young mommies" had to overcome all of that guilt and shame and fear...there would be less young mommies! As long as people honor and show them more respect then the non baby machines they "young mommies" will get younger and younger!

Oh, but in this day and age we do not hurt people's feelings. That makes them feel bad about themselves, and then they have low self esteem, poor things.

Living Without Children - Automated Note
For New Visitors: This forum exists as a support community for people who are living a child-free existence. This area is here to help nurture, inspire and educate those who, for whatever reason, are living their lives without children in the home.

Posts made here must be supportive of this lifestyle choice. Comments should not question a person's decision to or reasons for being child free. Those negative comments are called "bingoing" or "trolling" and are not allowed. Please be sure you are aware of this forum's intentions and rules before posting!

#365500 - 01/11/08 06:54 AM Re: Teen Moms Request Month's Maternity Leave [Re: lngilbert]
NotInterested Offline
Parakeet

And there is no way we should hurt someone's already low self-esteem! That would be way worse than the long term burden of having another child raising a child, or handing the child off to her parents to raise.

The thing that I notice now is that there is no 'shame' associated with a lot of these 'bad' activities anymore.

Why does it seem so #$%@ed up that if a typical person is shown two people:

1) A 16 year old single mother with no father
or
2) An 20-40something adult (married/involved or not), a productive, job-holding, tax-paying, take the trash out, follows the law -- stable and average in every way person except he/she is willingly not having a child.

People will jump on person 2 (us) for our responsible choice, but leave person 1 (irresponsible) alone?

Society's priorities are sooo screwed up. frown

#365545 - 01/11/08 09:31 AM Re: Teen Moms Request Month's Maternity Leave [Re: NotInterested]
TresstheFool Offline
Gecko

Loc: Texas
I think the people in Australia who made up that law should be forced to go live in China for the rest of their lives. Maybe then they'll appreciate that there are plenty of people on this planet already, thank you very much, and we REALLY don't need more.

Why don't they just encourage people to immigrate, if they want to overpop- I mean, populate Australia so much?

#365559 - 01/11/08 10:05 AM Re: Teen Moms Request Month's Maternity Leave [Re: Malamutes own me]
happytobechildfree Offline
Chipmunk

Originally Posted By: Malamutes own me
In Australia they brought in the "baby bonus" to try and encourage people to procreate. Thus, you now get $5000 for each baby. Unsurprisingly, this has encouraged many teenagers and drug-addicts to get pregnant. One buys a big screen tv, the other buys illicit drugs. Apparently many young girls, according to the "Current Affairs" programmes, are being encouraged by their boyfriends to have a child so that they can get access to the money.

This is unreal. But I believe it. I feel so sorry for the babies that are born to drug addicted parents. What a holy nightmare. I wish they could arrest drug addicts that get pregnant. It's absolutely disgusting, and God only knows what they are doing to their child. I'm thinking they probably aren't laying off the drugs while they are pregnant.

#365563 - 01/11/08 10:11 AM Re: Teen Moms Request Month's Maternity Leave [Re: NotInterested]
lngilbert Offline
Koala

Originally Posted By: Duane_Va
People will jump on person 2 (us) for our responsible choice, but leave person 1 (irresponsible) alone?

Society's priorities are sooo screwed up. frown

Because we ignore what's really bad. When someone's life is screwed up, we're supposed to look the other way or say how brave they are for carrying on. When it's a piddly matter like being CF, you are allowed to be rude because it's not a "bad" thing.

#365593 - 01/11/08 11:06 AM Re: Teen Moms Request Month's Maternity Leave [Re: lngilbert]
NotInterested Offline
Parakeet

Oh, how could I be so daft! The people who are really, really bad have a Somebody Else's Problem Field around them. We just haven't come up with one for CF peoples yet. smile

#365597 - 01/11/08 11:21 AM Re: Teen Moms Request Month's Maternity Leave [Re: TresstheFool]
Pikasam Offline
Gecko

Loc: Calgary, Canada
Originally Posted By: TresstheFool
Why don't they just encourage people to immigrate, if they want to overpop- I mean, populate Australia so much?

That's a little problematic for a nation that hates foreigners (sorry Deborah). We are talking about a country that wouldn't even allow non white European immigrants until the 1960's ...

#365615 - 01/11/08 12:15 PM Re: Teen Moms Request Month's Maternity Leave [Re: Pikasam]
TresstheFool Offline
Gecko

Loc: Texas
Well, I'm widely ignorant of Australia. Unfortunately, what I'm hearing here is pretty negative. But, if I weren't from the US and drew conclusions based on what non-Americans said in forums... heh heh heh.

#365627 - 01/11/08 12:40 PM Re: Teen Moms Request Month's Maternity Leave [Re: TresstheFool]
Lady_T Offline
Amoeba

My mother gave birth to me during high school. She lived at home until she finished high school, and took as much responsibility as she could. My father was in college, and came home to see us every weekend. He also supported me financially. My parents made it a point to NOT to glamorize parenthood. They taught me that parenting is a choice, and that no one should expect special treatment because they made that choice. By the time I reached high school, I understood the consequences of teen pregnancy, and there was NOTHING appealing about it.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Panda Internet Security Free
by Nancy Roussy
Virus & Spam
5 minutes 57 seconds ago
AVG
by Nancy Roussy
Virus & Spam
8 minutes 5 seconds ago
How is your health these days?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
13 minutes 0 seconds ago
Thanksgiving Tips
by Tuculia
Daughters
Today at 04:09 PM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Today at 02:57 PM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Angie
Inspiration
Today at 02:28 PM
Networking
by Angie
Genealogy
Today at 02:24 PM
Spiders!
by Nancy Roussy
Clairvoyance
Today at 01:11 PM
What is your favorite Gospel Song?
by Celestine - Baptist Editor
Baptist
Today at 11:23 AM
Simple Sewing Kits
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor
Sewing
Today at 10:07 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Nancy Roussy), 134 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2016 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.