Print Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 24 25
#365619 01/11/08 04:24 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I'm normally not a competitive sort, but I've had several people ask me to sponsor a "Biggest Loser" type of competition here in the forums, to get them motivated. The idea being that each of us would post our starting weight, and then whoever lost the most weight by say May 1st would get a prize.

I am happy to donate a $50 Amazon gift certificate towards this project!

We will take in entries up through February 1st. To join in our challenge, please send me an email with your current weight and a current photo of you. That way we fairly document the process. You don't have to share either one with the group, although you can if it helps to motivate you! We will want you to post weekly with the amount of weight you've lost, so that we can gauge how people are doing.

Let me know if you have any questions! My email is LowCarb AT BellaOnline.com

Enjoy!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK we have three contestants so far for the challenge! I'll have them post their details here. We're still taking entries, if you want to enter the challenge!

Low Carb Forum
T
T
I'm one of the three contestants and started my new low carb way of life 6 days ago. I've eaten this way before(to lose weight for my wedding dress) and it worked for me. I stopped avoiding carbs when I got pregnant with my twins and never started back to the healthier eating; that was 7 years and one new baby ago. I'm 5'3", 182 pounds and 35 years old, it's about time to get back on track. Good luck to all who take this challenge and who continue even after it's over, I will! God Bless!!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Welcome, twins+1! It's great to have you on board, and we will help you get to a healthier weight!

What sort of diet challenges do you have right now?

Low Carb Forum
T
T
Hey Lisa! I have a big challenge with needing something sweet after I eat lunch and dinner. I've been looking around on some low carb sites and found a recipe for peanut butter cookies (pretty good but crumbly) and chocolate peanut butter fudge (awesome). All the ingredients are low carb even the peanut butter and chocolate, good figure! Who knew they could make them that way! If anyone wants the recipes I can post them just let me know. They're really easy to make.
That's about it for me. So far the low carb eating is going great, now that I have something sweet to nibble on.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Our modern society definitely develops a sweet tooth in us from day one - as children we are bombarded with sugar-filled peanut butter, sugar-filled jelly, sugar-filled drinks, you name it. Pretty much everything we give to kids has added sugar in it. It's no wonder we keep craving that as an adult smile

Not that it will necessarily help you right now, but your tongue really does adjust over time. That is, if you keep eating a low sugar diet, your tongue gets used to that - and then even a little sugar seems like "really sweet". So you get that same sugar-high fix from only a slightly sugary item. It means it gets easier and easier to eat healthy foods and be really happy. If you eat something super-sugary it actually tastes *too* sweet.

Luckily for modern consumers there are TONS (and I mean tons) of super-delicious low sugar chocolates on the market now. I'm not talking about carob - I'm talking about high quality chocolates that taste *exactly* like full-blown sugar chocolate. Many of the major manufacturers like Lindt and Godiva are offering them. They are supremely delicious and very low on sugar. So if you want to indulge, there are definitely options out there. I find a lot of them at CVS and even Target has a bunch of them too. You can of course order them online too if you want.

Low Carb Forum
T
T
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try and limit myself on the sweets (low sugar ones of course) for these first 2 weeks, and see how I do. I agree with you on the changing of taste buds. My mind has a lot to do with it too!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
One key is if you start to crave a sweet, eat something that is half sweet. That way you take care of the sweet craving but also affect your sensitivity to sugar. That way over time you need less and less "sweet flavor" to taste sweet smile

Low Carb Forum
L
L
[i]Hello Everyone!

I just signed up for the weight loss challenge. My name is Kim, and I weight 220 pounds. There I said it! That's hard to share with people. blush I lost weight successfully in 2003 and kept it off for 2 years, then I started putting it back on a little at a time, and here I am. When I lost the weight I vowed never to put it back on. (I think we all do that) So, part of my weight loss journey is I am going to learn everything I can about maintaining weight loss and then make the changes.
So, that's it in a nutshell. I am hoping this competition will give me the kick in my pants I need. I hope to see lots of people signing up, this challenge. It should be fun! February 1st is not that far away!!.
Good luck everyone!!!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Good for you for taking that step Lollie, and welcome!! It's always hard to start out publicly saying what you weigh. It's one of our world's only remaining prejudices. So we should accept what we are - and then strive to be healthy. It's a two part program smile

You can definitely start now, there's no reason to wait! People who join in over the coming days will only have a few days difference and really over the time span we're looking at it won't make much of a difference.

It definitely is sneaky how weight gain creeps up on you. Especially if you don't have a scale (or avoid stepping on it) you don't even notice it until it's too late. We keep a scale in our bathroom and I try to use it after each shower, just to keep an eye on things. I don't stress about it, but it's a sanity check. If I start to drift upwards, it reminds me to eat a salad for lunch smile

So tell us what your current challenge is as far as food - is there a type of food you tend to eat that you probably shouldn't?

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 24 25

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.